forum

Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Okikurmi the Hero

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
An64fan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on April 2, 2010 at 5:27:12 PM

Artist: Hiroshi Yamaguchi
Title: Okikurmi the Hero
Source: Okami original soundtrack
Tags: Okami OST
BPM: 90
Filesize: 3214kb
Play Time: 01:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.56 stars, 68 notes)
  2. Goddess (5 stars, 317 notes)
  3. Hard (4.75 stars, 243 notes)
  4. Normal (4.18 stars, 122 notes)
Download: Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Okikurmi the Hero
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
(April 7th)
Fourth map in the Okami project. This one was requested. Still working on Normal and Hard, but figured that I may as well get what I have done so far up.

Critique on sounds (no naziing though please), spacing and timing are all particularly appreciated.

Update (Apr.8,09): Finished Hard save for hitsounds.
Update (Apr.11,09): Done Hard for the most part, still need to touch up hit sounds on it though.
Update (Apr.19,09): A bit of Normal done, touched on a couple combos in Easy (thanks Nactra).
Update (Jan.13): Update to the map with more done. Mostly all that's left are some sounds and adjustments. Feedback of all kinds is appreciated.
Update (Jan.14): A few adjustments based on Dusty's feedback. More adjustments are planned to be made soon.
Update (Jan.20): Normal has seen some adjustments for the sake of simplicity and has complete sounds. Hard's had most 1/6th beats adjusted for similar reasons. I've also added a background and set the skin, however, I have not yet set colours, and the background will likely be changed assuming I can find better material.
Moved (Feb.15): Made some sound adjustments and such. I've not yet obtained a better background, so I'll stick with this until further notice. Moved to Pending.
Nactra
Goddess
-[18:472](18,0%)shouldnt the 8 be a one note combo?its a bit tricky.
-[21:027](20,4%)same,i would have made beat 6,7,8,9,10,11 another combo

Hard
nothing to complain about.

Normal
waiting,i'll edit

Easy
[26:520]okay,i know the difference of color is here to guide newcomers,but still,that 4feels weird.I would make it a one note combo again.
[1:07:583] Huh?to my mind its should obviously be related to the previous slider.

Well amazing work indeed,can't wait for it to be ranked!
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
An64fan
Thanks for pointing those things out Nactra. For the most part, that's just how I tend to combo stuff (typically in some relation to the main features of the music which are noticeable), although I did find my combos in Easy to be a bit weird, so thanks for pointing them out.

As for Normal... Meh Normal's still not done yet. :P I'll try to finish it up soon since I do have a lot of boring old school mornings to, um...do stuff in.

*Updated (with what little has changed)*
Dusty
[General]
Source: Okami (just Okami works)

You can delete the .osb and full resubmit...
after you add a BG because it's unrankable without one, blah blah, you already know this.

It might be just me but the .mp3 is a little quiet

I'm kind of assuming you're going to add the Okami skin in my mod, because the map actually seems different to me with and without the skin... if you don't add the skin (why wouldn't you do that, though?) then some of this might not make sense

[Easy] (IMO, the best one because I like how sliders such as 00:05:583 (1) feel in the map <3)

The number of 1/3rds here is a little worrying, but it should be fine
00:25:361 (3) - 1/6 sliders play poorly in Taiko mode, especially with the finish/clap/finish pattern here
01:22:027 (5,1) - specifically, I think this is a guaranteed combobreaker for beginners. A spinner starting at 1:22:916 might be good here.

[Normal]
00:25:361 (5) - It's a little weird-sounding for a repeat to happen on a red tick when the song is in 1/3rds
00:38:694 (4,5,6,7) - Funny looking because of the stacking

[Hard]
Bigger circles? (assuming you space them out more)
00:15:138 (7) - I kind of expect that this slider should have only one repeat because of 00:12:472 (6)
01:08:027 (4,5,6) - These notes didn't stack properly.

On Hard, it seems that the notes are too close together. This is really noticeable when stacks pop up, because then visually the map becomes awkward. Also, things just play better when the spacing is wider because it's a little more obvious which ones are 1/3 apart. And then the Okami skin's 300burst is really distracting because it sometimes covers up the notes next to it...
^Uh, yeah, that's most of my modding here, and IMO the one big problem with this beatmap set. :?
I think you should make Hard spaced more

[Goddess]
10 drain's a little excessive ;)

The spacing is nicer here on Goddess, however...
00:53:805 (1,2,3,4) - These look like 1/6 streams, space out 2 and 3 more?
Topic Starter
An64fan
It might be just me but the .mp3 is a little quiet--this much I know, but I don't really like to tamper around with the mp3s and such. The sounds also happen to be at the same volume as when I got them...

As for the skin, I won't set it up until after I have a suitable background at least.

Easy: I thank you for pointing out the Taiko sound issues. I plan on taking a trip through to make sound adjustments, and already changed in a couple of spots on the difficulty.

Normal: Concerning that slider, it's like that because it lands on the beat I want it to. I may adjust it (along with other parts of the difficulty) after I've gotten through with basic sound layout for the rest. Also adjusted that spot you pointed out.

Hard: Size is one tick down from Normal. As for some of the issues you've had, I had apparently forgotten to make adjustments to the map settings (possibly with Normal, too). I've adjusted the difficulty, so visibility should be a bit better. Drain will be checked thoroughly as I always do when I get the chance. That stack pointed out has been fixed, too.

Goddess: I'll take another look at the drain later, although it was meant to be quite jumpy. :D And adjusted that combo.

Many thanks for the feedback. *Updated*
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.