forum

Better replay interface

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +46
Topic Starter
Dexus
As the title says, here are some suggestions to the replay interface

- scrubber for replay [it'd make it easy to skip around the map to see certain parts faster]
- show current time / length [ie ( 0:48 / 2:40 ), make the current time a text field so you can jump to specific spots]
- pause button [in case you need to walk away for some reason]
- Jumpback button [just so you can watch a scene in detail over and over if you want]

if this isn't possible to be implemented because the replays work off of some sort of automated bot that reads player inputs then it's understandable. I never looked into how the replays worked, but if they are made a certain way then this should be do-able. If not then this'll just be a big headache to peppy and can be ignored.
theowest
related: t/108860

about the pause button:

theowest wrote:

here:
t/90637?hilit=replay+jump duplicate of: t/27226 which was denied
Maybe we should retry that feature request sometime: p/1967722
The only way to pause right now is to comment.
I think I've seen a request mentioning how you should be able to jump to different parts of the replay by clicking on a/the progress bar. Either way, I've mentioned it in my request too.
Loves
Support!~
Topic Starter
Dexus

theowest wrote:

related: t/108860

about the pause button:

theowest wrote:

here:
t/90637?hilit=replay+jump duplicate of: t/27226 which was denied
Maybe we should retry that feature request sometime: p/1967722
The only way to pause right now is to comment.
I think I've seen a request mentioning how you should be able to jump to different parts of the replay by clicking on a/the progress bar. Either way, I've mentioned it in my request too.
This isn't just about a pause button though. It's more along the lines of the replay interface needing more features than what it has now and I just gave suggestions.
theowest

Dexus wrote:

This isn't just about a pause button though. It's more along the lines of the replay interface needing more features than what it has now and I just gave suggestions.
I know, I just wanted to bring up the related topics which brings up similar points or ideas. Possibly in the case someone thinks these related requests are the same, it's just generally good to know.
VelperK
Bump
peppy
I have actually started work on something like this recently. Not sure when it will hit public, but should be on test build soon.

TheVileOne
Backwards seeking.. Amazing! I would have never have thought we would ever be able to backwards seek.
deyv

peppy wrote:

I have actually started work on something like this recently. Not sure when it will hit public, but should be on test build soon.

Two years later . . .
Sandron

Deyv wrote:

peppy wrote:

Two years later . . .
5 years later...
AppendixGamer0

Sandron1999 wrote:

Deyv wrote:

peppy wrote:

Two years later . . .

5 years later...

7 years later...
xenal
At this point this is unlikely to see this in stable. Currently a feature in lazer, so you'll have to live with this.