forum

[Not Released] osu!Ladder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Musty
Hey guys ! I'm posting there to introduce a new project called osu!Ladder !
I'm know here to introduce a project that i am doing actually ( with some hugodenizart1's help. )
It's going to be actually a "tournament" place, such as having ladders/events/live tournaments.

I am posting there also for getting some opinions about/suggestions because i need to get players' voice.
Also, for those who are wondering, i am making this because i'm such in love with this game since 2010 and i won't get outta there for sure! I'm also in love with eSport-related thingy and i would have to make some Ladders that have their own system, rules, and can stay alive because of THE Community's choice, and osu!Ladder's team involving much ! for sure we will make such so much improvements
I got much to do actually, i could say that the first Alpha release will be on February, can't say for now when exactly, sorry guys.

Well here are listed in this box my ideas that will be bring on :
Ideas
  1. Having a Ladder ( that ends every seasons ) who can be played live, what i mean by this: You can play against someone who is near you in the Ladder's Ranking ( or not ) by a Live Plugin for finding a match right now!
  2. Having obviously ladders for every modes. ( i don't think osu!mania is a good idea for now since we don't really have maps for.
  3. I may ask peppy to link his database for maybe getting account linked to osu.ppy.sh ( that is such not really what we should focus on )
  4. Competitions with cashprize if players are involving this project !
  5. Having maybe a "Challenge" thingy everyday on an individual map. You only have to make the best accuracy, or best score, depending on the day.
  6. To be completed..

You can actually add in your favorites but it had still nothing on ! sorry :)

Thank you guys ! :D
zozozofun
Didn't lesslunatic already attempt to do this?
deadbeat

zozozofun wrote:

Didn't lesslunatic already attempt to do this?
._.
Topic Starter
Musty
Well, first, this isn't the same at all, i mean, the way it should be, lesslunatic's attempt died fastly,
I'm going to bring this project as long as possible, i'm doing my best for this.
Well i don't say that lesslunatic did a bad job, no, i mean that i'm going to make this project living in there, community may like challenges like this/ladder like this, players don't usually also checks the forum, that's why i'm actually searching a way to don't use the forums. ( actually, an independant website for players that don't speak a lot english and don't want to be lost in the forums, i might, in the future, make a program that is linked to the game, it is an another possibility, actually, not the priority. )
EDIT: well, yes, lesslunatic did a try. You can take it as a serious project that is going to be much eSportish than ever. ( on this game actually )
zozozofun
Uhhh... Well, good luck then, I may join up later if I find a partner/if I feel like it
Mukku

zozozofun wrote:

Uhhh... Well, good luck then, I may join up later if I find a partner/if I feel like it
I don't think this one is for teams of two like lesslunatic's one was.
zozozofun

Mukku wrote:

zozozofun wrote:

I don't think this one is for teams of two like lesslunatic's one was.
So it's basicly just charts?
Topic Starter
Musty
No. well no. i'm going to explain this even better any soon.
-Ryosuke
Wow, nice
Wishy
Just make it work like a WC3/SC2 ladder. Gonna have to work out what maps are allowed to be played tho. For starters I'd suggest you to make this for hard maps only, otherwise you gonna have to work out lots of tiers for every skill level. And because of how this game each match should consist of a bo3.
Topic Starter
Musty
Well, thanks Kamui.
Wishy; im planning to do something that looks like the sc2/wc3 rankinG. Well, i'm actually searching à way to.
Also, for those who didn't understand. I'm planning to do MORE than a single Ladder.
zozozofun
DT ladder, best ladder
Flanster
Topic Starter
Musty
i love you.
Dooms
This is a great idea! :). Very interested!
Ephemeral
never once have I seen a project actually take off and be successful when it is "announced" with no content completed and only a rough design meshed out.

best of luck though, hope you manage to see this through - pretty good idea
Wishy
Kitokofox
As long as there can be a ladder for each game mode, I'm in.
Water Wolf
Great Idea! Good luck for the proj!
fartownik

Ephemeral wrote:

never once have I seen a project actually take off and be successful when it is "announced" with no content completed and only a rough design meshed out.
Exactly this. Why to even announce it when nothing is ready?
show more