forum

Masami Ueda - Shinshuu Plains II

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
An64fan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on April 5, 2009 at 1:05:26 PM

Artist: Masami Ueda
Title: Shinshuu Plains II
Tags: Okami
BPM: 130
Filesize: 4439kb
Play Time: 01:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.85 stars, 66 notes)
  2. Goddess (4.89 stars, 251 notes)
  3. Hard (4.63 stars, 217 notes)
  4. Normal (4.21 stars, 164 notes)
Download: Masami Ueda - Shinshuu Plains II
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My third map in my ever-continuing Okami soundtrack project.

No, I'm not accepting extensive hitsound nazi. Pleae follow the KISS principle - so keep it simple and keep your mouth shut. If you've noticed something you think could be done better, by all means point it out, but continuous sound nazi really starts pulling on my nerves, and plus the more you point out the fewer that are actually good notes.

Beyond that, feedback is appreciated, and any mistakes I might have made I'll be more than glad to fix. ^^

Update (Mar.18): Various updates.
Update (Mar.26): Couple tiny adjustments.
Update (Apr.5): Made some changes based on Cheese's feedback.
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
An64fan
Okay, done some various little adjustments, most based on your feedback. :) There's a decent chance that I may go through and touch on the sounds again at some point on my own. Thanks for the feedback Sky.

*Updated*
K2J
Only one noticeable complaint:

[Easy]
00:29:78 (1) - A bit too close in spacing.

Starred.
Topic Starter
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
foulcoon
Blah even though the offset sounds a bit early, this works well. I'm fine with the timing ;D

[Easy/Normal]
both good.

[Hard]
00:24:02 (5,6) - This confuzzled me llike twice in a row, I know its not wrong but could you place 6 more obviously in the direction where 5 ends its repeats

[Goddess]
Roaaar these difficulty settings be killing everyone. I'm fine with overall/drain I guess, but I think increasing circle size by 1 tick could make this map a lot more enjoyable [/opinion]

01:16:40 (8) - this is ugly slider zzz

(Ending) - aww yessss, that was a cool jump.

[All]
Great use of hitsounds. Sounds really nice throughout.
Topic Starter
An64fan
Eh no I won't change 5,6. :P Besides, I do that a some in Normal anyways.

Size... Neh. The song doesn't have nearly as much to work with (or it feels that way for me anyways), so I have to do something to make it challenging. In Shinshuu's case, it's heightening the required precision. :P

Adjusted that slider a bit...

And glad you like the jump.
Metroid
Easy - Good
Normal - Good
Hard - Good

Goddess

00:31:174 - The combo here is confusing with fast Approach circles and the hit's being covered..
00:42:481(17) - it's slightly farther away from 16 then 15 is to 16 a little, But I might be wrong.
01:11:558(1,2,3,4) - I'm for jumps and all but this one is TOO big for the size of hitcircles...
01:34:866(1,2,3,1) - Same as above ^.

I can't find much Here's a star
Topic Starter
An64fan
00:31:174 - Was done in Ushiwaka as well. :P
00:42:481(17) - Either a trick of the mind or your grid snap's on.
01:11:558(1,2,3,4) - No jump's too big (within reason)!
01:34:866(1,2,3,1) - ^

Appreciate the feedback though, it's always good to hear people's opinions of things on the map.
CheeseWarlock
[Easy]
00:31:17 (3) - I don't like where the repeat lands. Remove the repeat, make it 1/4 longer and add a hit where the slider ends now?
00:35:78 (4) - Space this a little closer to 3 to emphasize the fact it's not timed equally.
01:00:48 (1) - I don't like where this repeat lands either but I love where the slider itself ends, so I guess I'll let it slide. Unless you can think of something better.
01:15:48 (2) - Another odd repeat.
01:19:17 (3) - Feels like it should be 1/2 later, especially on an Easy.

[Normal]
00:45:71 (4,5) - One extra hit in this stack would be nice.
00:57:48 (5) - Add or remove one repeat.

[Goddess]
00:54:71 (5,1) - A few more jumps like these, please. This one shouldn't be standing alone in its awesomeness.

Edit: Bubbled.
Topic Starter
An64fan
Okay, I made some of the changes you suggested (actually, I did this a day or two ago but didn't upload it right away due to some troubles with BSS and such). Updated with some of your fixes.
Ivalset
I really enjoyed the middle two difficulties. Like, really.

I really hate score explosions covering notes but whatever whatever An does what she wants.

Ranked.
Topic Starter
An64fan
Could a BAT please fix the tags or source to include "Okami original soundtrack"? Thanks~
Andrea
Added on the tags ;)