forum

Half Time mod & Double Time mod replay speed

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
theowest
For all game modes,
Duplicate of this, but this one includes double time and is up to date.

Half Time mod replay speed (0.75x) will:
  1. Slow any double time mod replay down to normal speed
  2. Slow down any normal speed replay down to half time mod speed
Double Time mod replay speed (1.5x) will:
  1. Increase the speed of any half time mod replay up to normal speed
  2. Increase the speed of any normal speed replay up to double time mod speed
This would make the sound more enjoyable to listen to in case you don't like the sound of Half Time or Double Time replays, or the current 0.5x and 2.0x speeds.

I don't think this should replace the current 0.5x and 2.0x speeds, but just be an addition. I know peppy and woc2006 are working on replay related stuff atm. Controllable using the number keys 0-9, but hopefully there will be a better more visible replay control.

Please come up with suggestions and criticism for this feature request. Don't forget to star it if you like it!

edit: An option to turn on or off the nightcore effect on Double Time replays.
TheVileOne
Wait... what about nightcore? There's no such thing as nightcore normal speed.

Also playback is to make the replay go faster, and eventually slower. I assume it's already going at 1.5x, because double time doesn't have an option for it and everything else in the game follows 1.5x when it says 2.0x except slider velocity.
Topic Starter
theowest
Sure, maybe have a nightcore option, so you'd also be able to turn nightcore off when watching replays.

It's currently 2x the speed of the replay, unless it's already a double time replay, then it's just 1.5x.
Rei Hakurei
slider velocity??
replay speed seek bar ? (0.5 ~ 2.0x with 1 decimal only, speed can be stored to osu!.db per beatmap (local) and general (global))
Soaprman
Yeah, a speed slider would be nice. Perhaps with some lines to snap to for .75x and 1.5x.
jemhuntr
yeeaaahhhh moar snap
Aka
i'd like to have pause function in replay mode more than half & double time replay speed.. :?
also would be great to be able to manage process bar.. mb useful if you want to see sb's perfomance at the certain moment at the end but the song is ~5 or more mins long :?
nvm
Topic Starter
theowest

Aka- wrote:

i'd like to have pause function in replay mode more than half & double time replay speed.. :?
also would be great to be able to manage process bar.. mb useful if you want to see sb's perfomance at the certain moment at the end but the song is ~5 or more mins long :?
nvm
here:
t/90637?hilit=replay+jump duplicate of: t/27226 which was denied
Maybe we should retry that feature request sometime: p/1967722
The only way to pause right now is to comment.

I think I've seen a request mentioning how you should be able to jump to different parts of the replay by clicking on a/the progress bar. Either way, I've mentioned it in this feature request too.
TheVileOne
Added. The double time request is nonsense.
Topic Starter
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

The double time request is nonsense.
I strongly disagree.
TheVileOne
If you feel you still want doubletime, then fix the OP and title and move it out of Completed Requests.
Hayden_old
what about like a normal video speed choice 5x 10x 50x blah blah and so on?
deadbeat
why on earth would you want those speed options. thats just silly
Topic Starter
theowest
The request is back up now, I've rephrased some things so it's now mostly just an addition to our current replays speed.
Mira-san
+support

no stars though. :o