forum

General Achievement Request Thread

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +152
Topic Starter
deadbeat
OK, so since people like requesting new achievements. I've create this thread where you are free to suggest new ideas for achievements. They can be anything from earning X kudosu to having x replays watched. Just whatever you want to suggest. Every time a new achievement is requested, I will update the OP and then mark it added or denied. This thread will be left open all the time unless it gets out of hand.

Warning. I will be deleting posts that are off-topic. Please stay on topic and no hating on peoples requests. First and Last warning.

Please don't request Hush Hush achievements in this thread. If you wish to request one, send me a PM with a subject of "Hush Hush Achievement". Don't expect any sudden changes though.

Also please don't star this. No real point. Use your stars on something more useful :p

Gameplay

• Getting a combo with x mod(s)
    Complete X amount of beatmaps on a certain mod
    Rank in a top 50 X amount of times
    Get 1st place on a map that is at least a week old
    Get #1 on all diffs of a mapset
    Earn X spinner bonus
    Retry a map X times

Web

• Get a post count over X

Beatmaps

• Clearing X amount of beatmap packs
    Touhou beatmap packs
    Nightcore beatmap packs

Special game modes

• Combo achievements
    Play count achievements

Multiplayer

• Win x times
    Win X times on x game mode
    Win X times by different win conditions
    Win X times on diferent team modes
    Play a co-op match and get a full combo

Mapping/Modding

• Gain X amount of kudosu
    Have X ranked maps

Other

• Get x Mutual friends

added
empty
denied
empty
ReVeNg3r
What about achievements and mods too?
Saten
Renew the beatmap pack achievements

90% of the maps are just... old and I wouldn't recommend new players to play them.
I still find most of the maps a pain to play. But of course, removing the option to get achievement from them shouldn't happen.
theowest
Good idea! I almost thought Achievements should be discussed in here: t/80448
but I guess this works.

Forum achievements would be fun to have. As long as it can't be abused.
Kudosu, ranked beatmaps, post count?, helpful, many replies, topics, etc.

I think this topic deserves a sticky.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

I think this topic deserves a sticky.
maybe if it gets a lot of attention. but for now its fine as it is. also added yours and saten's idea to OP
theowest
I think ReVeNg3r meant getting achievements for playing with mods for a specified amount of times. Hidden master, etc.
bwross

Saten wrote:

Renew the beatmap pack achievements

90% of the maps are just... old and I wouldn't recommend new players to play them.
I still find most of the maps a pain to play. But of course, removing the option to get achievement from them shouldn't happen.
Yeah, I agree. Perhaps these shouldn't be so specific. Having them be levels that can be earned by clearing a certain number of map sets or accumulating a high enough total rank score of the appropriate type. This way the categories continually update themselves with newer maps... although there will be some work to categorize things (at least the anime and video game genre categories have done some of the work).
Saten
There should be Touhou Pack Achievements as well. I sooo want this (Taken from [Luanny]'s userpage):

Topic Starter
deadbeat
thats not bad :3
also just thinking that if more achievements, it might be interesting to see each section collapsible. kinda like the beatmap section :p
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

thats not bad :3
also just thinking that if more achievements, it might be interesting to see each section collapsible. kinda like the beatmap section :p
or split up depending on the game mode
Kuro
Nice thread!
Now I'm actually interested... I might post some multiplayer achievements when i have some free time. They might be rough but bare with me I always try my best so at least it won't be complete BS 8-)
Topic Starter
deadbeat
just thinking about the map pack ones. they really feel like achievements to me since its more so a dedication thing. like the play count achievements.
do we really need map pack achievements, or should ignore them and focus on more interesting ideas?
bomber34
I love Map pack achievements. (As long as the mappack is themed) They give me maps i probaly would have never played and most of the time there are maps I really really enjoy
and yes that goes for the old maps in the first mappack achievements too :3
PROGUY
IMO there should be one where if like you and a few friends (with mutual friendship of course) were in the top 40 of the same map.
We can also add a secret "fail/retry x times" achievement. It would be very interesting.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

PROGUY wrote:

IMO there should be one where if like you and a few friends (with mutual friendship of course) were in the top 40 of the same map.
We can also add a secret "fail/retry x times" achievement. It would be very interesting.
i don't like either of those sorry.
though i will add a slightly modified version of the top line to the OP
Saten
Blindfold, Dash, etc achievement (at least those with increasing multipliers)

One for each mod (NC/DT would be counted as one)

This goes together with theo's suggestion.
Archangel Tirael
Only I think that in the open to discuss ideas of new advances bit counter-intuitive, especially if it is a new hush-hush achievements? Personally, I think that such ideas have to offer peppy directly, so no one else could see what to do to get the achievement.
-------
P.S. I also have idea for new hush-hush achievement. ;)
Topic Starter
deadbeat
I'll discuss the matter about hush hush achievements with peppy and see what he wants to do about them.
If you have an idea for a Hush Hush achievement, Please PM me the details about it. Bearing in mind that if peppy does consider it, it might change slightly from your original idea.
Archangel Tirael

deadbeat wrote:

I'll discuss the matter about hush hush achievements with peppy and see what he wants to do about them.
If you have an idea for a Hush Hush achievement, Please PM me the details about it. Bearing in mind that if peppy does consider it, it might change slightly from your original idea.
I already sent PM to peppy month ago, but he doesn't He did not answer me.
BGMaster
in "Dedication" there are achievements for osu!, Taiko and CtB, now it's time for osu!mania to step in, yes?
show more