forum

Filter for rankings by input (mouse vs keyboard)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +41
Topic Starter
Layn
With the (somewhat) recent patch to show which inputs are being hit (Mouse 1 and 2, Keyboard 1 and 2) I was wondering if there might be plans to add an optional filter to compare yourself with others of the same playstyle. I would really love to be able to compare my rankings, whether it's individual songs, overall (pp score), or even the charts, specifically with others that also play with only the mouse and not tablet/keyboard.
Azure_Kite
This is an interesting idea, indeed. One that even I would be interested in. Support, although I'm not sure if each gameplay is marked with information as to what playstyle was used (Replays have that info, but I'm not sure whether the server that deals with the ranking info does)
Saten
eh!?

I use every input (M1, M2, K1, K2). How is that going to work? D:
Topic Starter
Layn
There are a few different ways it could work -- one that might be simplest would be to group the scores into 1) mouse only 2) keyboard only and 3) combination. It could be done per song since the information seems to be read currently, or a more ambitious approach might consider them different modes entirely (this seems like a large amount of work, though). And it could be considered for overall pp rankings, the charts every month, or for individual song rankings depending on the preference of the developers and the amount of work involved.

This wouldn't allow a distinction between (tablet + keyboard) and (mouse + keyboard) users, unfortunately, but I'm not sure you could achieve that level of distinction without imposing different modes, and even then I'm not sure whether it's possible or easy to detect whether a tablet is being used vs a mouse.

However, simply distinguishing between the inputs themselves -- namely, mouse only, keyboard only, or a combination -- might be feasible since the data already seems to be there. I'm not sure whether this request entails a lot of work on the development side, but it's something I personally would love so it seemed worth suggesting. It's likely a request that the mouse-only users like myself might appreciate more, as there are very few players (comparatively) that prefer this playstyle (at least at the higher levels, which may or may not include me) and it would be great to be able to narrow the rankings to those on equal footing.
Topic Starter
Layn
Maybe it's because I play with only the mouse, but when the feature was added to display which input is being hit, this seemed like the next logical step to me. I looked to see whether this was suggested somewhere in another post but I haven't found it yet. But it seems like it would be a great feature to be able to compare strictly with those on an equal footing if you want to see that, and the foundation is there now.
PastelCelery
This is something I'd love to see added. Although I'm sure if it wasn't added in the last 5 years, it probably isn't planned.