forum

Request to show the number of songs played during a session

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
ct_warrior
Comparing osu! to Stepmania as a program, osu! loads maps much quicker, has superior navigation, and has an interface much better suited to rhythm games (the pulsing osu! in the title screen is genius!). The one thing I do miss from Stepmania, however, is that it showed how many songs I played during the session at song selection so that I can manage my practice session more easily; e.g., songs 1-5 are warmup, songs 6-30 are speed/endurance training, and songs 31-50 are accuracy training. I would love a similar feature for osu.

Thanks for reading!
Kuro
Something like a play counter but instead it'll be in-game and only show plays for that session? Nice 8-)

To any other forum stalkers: This request is similar to but not a duplicate of t/106858
Topic Starter
ct_warrior
Yep. :D
I respect the devs' time, so I tried a few searches with some relevant terms and checked the last five pages of this forums to avoid posting a duplicate.
MillhioreF
This would make for a nice statistic on the main menu (under the number of maps and time osu! has been running)
Tanomoshii Nekojou
I want this.... +1 HIDDEN STAR SUPPORT~.... X3
theowest

Kuro wrote:

Something like a play counter but instead it'll be in-game and only show plays for that session? Nice 8-)

To any other forum stalkers: This request is similar to but not a duplicate of t/106858
I don't understand how that has to with any stalking. It's information that could help you with your daily goals.
Yarissa
Goddammit peppy. Give me more stars!
theowest

Kaoru wrote:

just donate more.
Yarissa

theowest wrote:

Kaoru wrote:

just donate more.
>donated 1 year
>used all my stars on my own request
>it has 600 stars now
>not implemented
yeah
pixeldesu
Would be a nice feature, support.

SPOILER
Maybe it could be arranged like this (over the osu! logo) :
1,274 plays overall (52 today)
Saten
It's not stalking, it's obsession :lol:

Also, stars from a single person doesn't mean anything. It just looks like spam imo
jemhuntr

TechnikaFlash wrote:

1,274 plays overall (52 today)
You mean:
1,274 plays overall (52 today, 34 this session)?
bwross
Actually, no. This request is for number of songs, not number of plays. Plays is the other request: t/106858
theowest
This request is already implemented for specific days

but not for "this current session", which would be more useful.
Zamura_old
If I understand the OP, he is asking for a per-session playcount, not a sort option to see which specific songs they were (which, yes, has already been implemented). I support this because I would like to more accurately monitor my practice habits as well. (mostly just to ensure that i'm consistently playing the same amount on average.)
Kuro

theowest wrote:

Kuro wrote:

I don't understand how that has to with any stalking. It's information that could help you with your daily goals.
I wasn't referring to the forums, I was referring to the people always on them :P

Saten wrote:

It's not stalking, it's obsession :lol:
Lol, nice way of putting it :)