forum

Massive Attack - Teardrop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
D33d
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 06 January 2015 at 18:25:32

Artist: Massive Attack
Title: Teardrop
Tags: Garage, Mezzanine, House M.D.
BPM: 76.79
Filesize: 5456kb
Play Time: 04:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Calm (1.79 stars, 123 notes)
  2. Sorrow (2.26 stars, 267 notes)
  3. Tears (2.97 stars, 367 notes)
Download: Massive Attack - Teardrop
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Taken straight from the test build, I've now decided to upload this to the public build. It makes extensive use of in-place sample switches and marks a slight departure in style for me. Only slight.
--
Everything is finished, to as high a standard as I care to muster. As ever, feel free to pick everything apart, but don't expect me to take every suggestion. However, I do want to make this as polished as I can.
--
Thanks to Rena for the colour suggestions, especially the slider track! They're quite pretty.
--
Somebody mod this thing oh god.
--
Audio's been cut, because THE MAN said so. Because my lossless copy is wildly different, I've cut the existing MP3 and exported it, which will have resulted in some quality loss. I've also added widescreen support.
--
I've made a widescreen background and sprites, but for some reason, the background's still letterboxing and the sprites seem to be messed up. Please help.
--
Changed some timings re:TicClick's suggestions.
--
Changed some other things re:TicClick's suggestions.
quiz-chan_DELETED
That's some excellent flow. Nice one :P
UnderminE
Glasses m4m here, handsome

General
Add "Mezzanine" in tags, the album name.
Maybe you can add House MD in tags too?

Normal
HP Drain: 4
OD: 4 ;_;

01:24:841 (1,2) - 2 doesn't fit in that curve very well as you can see
01:38:906 - NC, mostly because it's the easiest diff
01:57:641 - drum finish, clap sounds awkward
02:19:323 - soft whistle
02:28:894 - NC
03:43:899 - NC because 9 combo too much for easiest diff

Tears
AR7 feels great <3
01:02:573 - soft whistle
01:11:363 (4) - soft whistle
01:13:512 - soft whistle
01:26:013 - soft whistle
01:26:990 - soft whistle
02:20:104 - soft whistle
02:21:667 - soft whistle
02:32:605 (8,1) - stack better
02:53:878 - NC
03:28:858 - soft whistle
03:32:960 - normal whistle? Mostly because of the previous normal-whistle

Damn how i love this song, thanks for the delicious map D33d <3
Topic Starter
D33d

UnderminE wrote:

Glasses m4m here, handsome

General
Add "Mezzanine" in tags, the album name.
Maybe you can add House MD in tags too? I hadn't even considered the tags. Too focused on the map itself. I didn't think that House would be necessary, but then I realised that people might search for the House theme.

Normal
HP Drain: 4
OD: 4 ;_; Can't believe that I hadn't lowered those settings.

01:24:841 (1,2) - 2 doesn't fit in that curve very well as you can see I managed to screw that up completely by reversing the slider and snapping the other end to the grid. Whoops.
01:38:906 - NC, mostly because it's the easiest diff Got an easier diff now and it wouldn't make sense to halve combo lengths so suddenly.
01:57:641 - drum finish, clap sounds awkward Finish would be too monotonous and there's a sharp snap in the track. Plus, I kinda like the tock-tick pattern.
02:19:323 - soft whistle There's a notable thud in the track, so this fits musically and gives a sense of momentum.
02:28:894 - NC Aaaah
03:43:899 - NC because 9 combo too much for easiest diff The end of the map was designed to get pretty intense, so I feel justfied in using longer combos.

Tears
AR7 feels great <3 Oh, I did change it to AR6, if only to make more objects visible at once. I'll probably change it back. Going 3,5,7 through each diff would make sense.
01:02:573 - soft whistle The backing figure rises first and then falls--I wanted to reflect that in the sounds.
01:11:363 (4) - soft whistle Wouldn't make sense over a kick.
01:13:512 - soft whistle Breaking the clap backbeat would feel pretty nasty.
01:26:013 - soft whistle I changed it, but decided that a drumnormal would fit better.
01:26:990 - soft whistle Not over a kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.
02:20:104 - soft whistle
02:21:667 - soft whistle
02:32:605 (8,1) - stack better This was done intentionally, because I thought that the automatic stacking would look bad with the blanket. Turns out that it doesn't after all.
02:53:878 - NC I find that drawing out the combo helps to create a sense of finality. Plus, it was a bitch to figure out how to combo this section effectively.
03:28:858 - soft whistle Doesn't fit the music.
03:32:960 - normal whistle? Mostly because of the previous normal-whistle There was a normal whistle? I must've botched something. The whistle would fit anyway, but I'm a bit tentative because it might be too startling.

Damn how i love this song, thanks for the delicious map D33d <3
Crap, guess I'm gonna have to mod again. Bug me if you don't hear back from me within a week.
JAKACHAN
I was playing around with it when I saw it posted and it feels like the timing is off. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this to you but you may want to have it checked since I'm more of a player and not a mapper.
Topic Starter
D33d

JAKACHAN wrote:

I was playing around with it when I saw it posted and it feels like the timing is off. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this to you but you may want to have it checked since I'm more of a player and not a mapper.
I feel that way too, but I still can't tell if it's my own offset or if it's different lines of the music being slightly out of time to each other. I'll keep on top of it.

Something to consider is that it's much harder to keep time in slower music. As a kit player, I know that you'll be aware of this. If it sounded odd during autoplay as well, then I can't argue with that.
JAKACHAN
Sounds much better if you ask me. I'm sure it can still be tweaked a little bit but in terms of playing I was able to actually feel it much better.

And yes I do understand about keeping time on slow songs. I hate it so much lol
Topic Starter
D33d
Phew, good. I think that it's as accurate as it needs to be, since everybody's offset will be slightly different to the millisecond. At least I realised that I didn't need that awkward BPM change for one of the sliders.
quiz-chan_DELETED
I am here because this is a map with actual common sense. Unfortunately, those are hard to find, these days.

[General]
First of all, the mp3 is way too long; after the map ended, the song still goes on for 1+ minute. You need to crop it because in its current state, 36% of it are unmapped.
But otherwise, everything seems to be shipshape.

Nice storyboard <3

[Calm]

00:44:213 - Comparing this part with 00:50:464 makes me want to suggest to turn the circles from the former section to sliders as well. Just for not making the balance between both parts rubbish. It is just senseless in my opinion: to have circles every stanza in the first place and then all of a sudden, smack 1/1 sliders in there. Yer know what I'm saying?
01:27:969 (1) - w00t
02:28:890 (5) - I don't see the sense of putting a sliderpath whistle here. If you ask me, it is sudden and random, and also, it doesn't even make sense when listening to the song itself: I cannot hear ANYTHING that resembles that whistle in the least. Erase it, please.
03:32:957 (1) - I am not saying the whistle doesn't fit, but it really is darn loud. Can't you use a more silent sample, instead?
04:01:086 (5) - Also, I see the sense in this sliderpath whistle, but really, these are way too loud.

This is how it's done. Nice job.

[Sorrow]

01:18:593 (1,2,3) - Nice idea. But honestly, Normal sampleset for (3)'s head sounds just wrong IMO. Can't you adapt it somehow?
02:46:061 (1) - I think, this blanket can be improved by moving the last node one grid up.
03:32:957 (1) - Same what I told you about loud whistles. Consider changing this, really.
04:02:062 (3) - You could add a sliderpath whistle when you have a suitable sample for it. Also helps with consistency among the mapset.

Not bad, not bad. *insert Obama's meme here*

[Tears]
I dunno, I somehow think the AR feels fast. No idea...

02:33:572 (1,2) - I'd use manual stacking since (1) isn't caught by (9 (blanket)) properly.
03:12:641 (4) - I think, the drumwhistle just came in randomly. I'd suggest a drumclap instead, just like you did before.
03:23:581 (1,2,3,4) - Even if these were supposed the follow rhythm or vocals, they failed at both. I'd suggest rhythmically adjusting them because I think, not all of them follow something properly.
03:31:590 (5) - Loud sliderwhistle blahblah.
03:32:957 (3) - Loud whistle blahblah... xP
04:02:062 (6,7) - Loud blahblah. Do I have to say more? xD

Look at this diff, this diff is amazing. Give it a lick - it just tastes like D33d-sense.

GO FOR IT!!
Topic Starter
D33d

Quiz-chan wrote:

I am here because this is a map with actual common sense. Unfortunately, those are hard to find, these days.

[General]
First of all, the mp3 is way too long; after the map ended, the song still goes on for 1+ minute. You need to crop it because in its current state, 36% of it are unmapped.
But otherwise, everything seems to be shipshape.

Nice storyboard <3 Thanks. :3 Also, I'm aware of the massive space. I'm still thinking that it could be nice to let the player sit and enjoy the music, if they really want to.

[Calm]

00:44:213 - Comparing this part with 00:50:464 makes me want to suggest to turn the circles from the former section to sliders as well. Just for not making the balance between both parts rubbish. It is just senseless in my opinion: to have circles every stanza in the first place and then all of a sudden, smack 1/1 sliders in there. Yer know what I'm saying? I compromised by turning the sliders into a two-beat wave. Considering the difficulty curve in relation to [Sorrow], there needs to be less activity. Novices tend to struggle more with sliders, especially at the start (as far as I know).
01:27:969 (1) - w00t Yea boi
02:28:890 (5) - I don't see the sense of putting a sliderpath whistle here. If you ask me, it is sudden and random, and also, it doesn't even make sense when listening to the song itself: I cannot hear ANYTHING that resembles that whistle in the least. Erase it, please. WHO IS THIS SLIDERWHISTLE AND WHY IS IT IN MY PROPERTY?
03:32:957 (1) - I am not saying the whistle doesn't fit, but it really is darn loud. Can't you use a more silent sample, instead? I added it after Umey suggested it, with the reservation that it's probably too loud. I'm going to soften the sample or lower the overall hitsound volume.
04:01:086 (5) - Also, I see the sense in this sliderpath whistle, but really, these are way too loud. Oh I think I know what I did. I added a whistle here to pad things out for intensity, then copied this slider for earlier in the map. Again, I'll see if I can soften the sample.

This is how it's done. Nice job. High kicks, high kicks, this is how we dooo it.

[Sorrow]

01:18:593 (1,2,3) - Nice idea. But honestly, Normal sampleset for (3)'s head sounds just wrong IMO. Can't you adapt it somehow? At the start of a section, a softfinish without much behind it is lacking in impetus. However, I put drumnormals behind (2) and then I used hitnormal-drumwhistle on (3). Normal-hitnormal really doesn't cut through that much.
02:46:061 (1) - I think, this blanket can be improved by moving the last node one grid up. I kind of tried to fix this while keeping the spacing consistent, but... I'm trying to keep the spacing consistent, so it's still not perfect. That'll require a lot more fiddling at some other time.
03:32:957 (1) - Same what I told you about loud whistles. Consider changing this, really. peppy or mm should really soften the default whistle... Like they did for osu!stream.
04:02:062 (3) - You could add a sliderpath whistle when you have a suitable sample for it. Also helps with consistency among the mapset. If I can be arsed, I'll make some kind of nice sample or just soften the default whistle.

Not bad, not bad. *insert Obama's meme here*

[Tears]
I dunno, I somehow think the AR feels fast. No idea... It was 6 at first. I think that I prefer it at 6. Damn you people.

02:33:572 (1,2) - I'd use manual stacking since (1) isn't caught by (9 (blanket)) properly. Urgh, what--oh right. Why didn't I do this in the first place?
03:12:641 (4) - I think, the drumwhistle just came in randomly. I'd suggest a drumclap instead, just like you did before. Fucking inconsistence. No, I think that the drumwhistle complements the sound in the track really nicely.
03:23:581 (1,2,3,4) - Even if these were supposed the follow rhythm or vocals, they failed at both. I'd suggest rhythmically adjusting them because I think, not all of them follow something properly. What? They fit just fine. The only slight discrepancy is the end of (4), but it still lands on a soft thump from that lead-in throbbing pattern which isn't quite a kick. I.e. the end's slightly overmapped, but it works well enough with the flow and pattern.
03:31:590 (5) - Loud sliderwhistle blahblah. I still don't know how/why a slidertrack whistle existed there.
03:32:957 (3) - Loud whistle blahblah... xP I'll still see if I can soften it or something.
04:02:062 (6,7) - Loud blahblah. Do I have to say more? xD LOUD NOISES !!

Look at this diff, this diff is amazing. Give it a lick - it just tastes like D33d-sense.

GO FOR IT!!
Thank you very much. That was a nice mod.
Kareov
Hello this is my poor mod.

[Tears]
02:53:874 (1) - why not nc ;w;
03:00:140 (3) - Normal clap was so weird,soft plz :3
03:25:144 (3) - nonono normal

[Calm]
01:27:969 (1) - long sliders are sex
02:50:749 (4) - remove whstle
04:01:086 (5) - soft finsh

[Sorrow]
01:31:094 (1) - x:392 y:24
02:20:295 (5) - ah,spacing problem
04:02:062 (3) - so sexy

sorry for my poor mod,star.
Zeraph
i checked this out after you asked a while ago. i'm not much of a nazi for hitsounds or like perfect looking patterns etc. so i really couldn't find anything wrong in the mapset.
GL getting this ranked was fun to play. would star but -1 kudosu~~~~~
biboku
Calm:
02:44:498 - NC (looks cooler then just 1,2,3,4 imo)
02:47:624 - ^
02:50:749 - ^

~

Sorrow:

02:29:476 (7) - NC?
02:53:874 (5) - NC? (sorry for nazi) ;;

~

Tears:

01:38:908 (6) - n-new combo s-senpai >///<

w/e idk how to mod bye
Topic Starter
D33d

Kareov wrote:

Hello this is my poor mod.

[Tears]
02:53:874 (1) - why not nc ;w; Combo rotations, i.e. keeping them consistent and not looking strange.
03:00:140 (3) - Normal clap was so weird,soft plz :3 The normal clap goes over the soft crack in the track.
03:25:144 (3) - nonono normal Okay fine, I made it a drumwhistle.

[Calm]
01:27:969 (1) - long sliders are sex
02:50:749 (4) - remove whstle No. It occurs over the beep in the track.
04:01:086 (5) - soft finsh This ended on a normal finish to avoid repetition, but I changed some other hitsounds instead.

[Sorrow]
01:31:094 (1) - x:392 y:24 I don't know how I missed that.
02:20:295 (5) - ah,spacing problem I guess it was.
04:02:062 (3) - so sexy

sorry for my poor mod,star.

biboku wrote:

Calm:
02:44:498 - NC (looks cooler then just 1,2,3,4 imo) That would screw up the comboing and the followpoints are there to guide the player through the pattern.
02:47:624 - ^
02:50:749 - ^

~

Sorrow:

02:29:476 (7) - NC? I don't even know what you're pointing out here, but I don't think that anything needs to be detached in this section.
02:53:874 (5) - NC? (sorry for nazi) ;; That would mess up the combo rotation and add a sudden new combo for no reason.

~

Tears:

01:38:908 (6) - n-new combo s-senpai >///< Breaking off another combo doesn't make much sense to me here either.

w/e idk how to mod bye
Sorry for denying everything, but thanks for the input anyway.
Foxi
I can't tell you just how much I love this map. It's that great. Can't wait for it to get ranked! Best of luck! :D ~IE
Kenezz
Hi D33d a million years without make a mod so I hope make this good. If I make this good make me a son maybe?

[General]
  1. The commas in the tags are necessary? Just saying.
  2. I'm a bit worried because in taiko mod don't hear anything, this is normal? I'm noob in taiko so idk how this works.
[Calm]
  1. 00:47:339 (1) - Maybe this could be absurd but place a finish instead clap here (You know taiko's gay stuff and consistency with the others diffs).
  2. 01:35:782 (1,2,1,2) - HMMM this pattern don't convince me, the way how the sliders ends is for me a bit abrupt, try a 1/1 sliders instead, maybe the 3/4 slider could work but here 01:37:345 http://puu.sh/4sKTP.jpg.
  3. 02:11:700 (1,2,1,2) - I prefer this pattern invert (ctrl+h,ctrl+j) In addition center the circles in the y axis, and now... (continue in the next point)
  4. 02:18:732 (3) - ...Center this to make a cute blanket.
  5. 02:32:010 (1,2,1,2) - The same thing here, remember this is just a suggestion.
  6. 03:43:896 - The 1.01 SV cause curious in me, why did you use this?
  7. 04:01:086 (5) - I'm not sure if a new combo is convenient here.
Nice easy diff, I like it!

[Sorrow]
  1. 01:58:417 (4) - Why you don't use just a circle here like the previous pattern? I really prefer just a circle, the way you follow the voice before induces to follow the voice here too.
  2. 02:02:324 (1) - In this part I prefer something similar to 03:04:828 (Two sliders).
  3. 02:29:476 (7) - Reduce 1/4 the length of the slider, move it 1/4 forward and place a circle in this point, just saying cuz I prefer follow the heart beats.
  4. 02:48:014 (5) - Remove the drum sampleset, auto it's okay like the previous pattern.
Another nice diff here.

[Tears]
  1. 02:29:476 (8) - For me the whistle at the end don't fits good, maybe remove it?
  2. 02:33:572 (1,2) - Aesthetic issue, stack this circles properly.
  3. 02:44:498 (1) - Considers delete the whistle here, another whistle coming in the next circle so I think this one is needless. (If you add, apply the changes in the others diffs)
  4. 03:54:054 (11) - Missing soft clap at the end (?
  5. 04:03:430 (7) - Remove the whistle of the slidertrack here, sounds loud and weirdo.
Nothing more to add, is just clean and purrr-fect.

Well It's all, maybe I miss something, a long time without make a mod reduces my moddings skills :dies:
The map is very clean and good, for me it's ready.
I hope to helps you, good luck D33d!
Topic Starter
D33d

Kenezz wrote:

Hi D33d a million years without make a mod so I hope make this good. If I make this good make me a son maybe?

[General]
  1. The commas in the tags are necessary? Just saying.
  2. I'm a bit worried because in taiko mod don't hear anything, this is normal? I'm noob in taiko so idk how this works.
[Calm]
  1. 00:47:339 (1) - Maybe this could be absurd but place a finish instead clap here (You know taiko's gay stuff and consistency with the others diffs). It's certainly better when a lone circle needs to be more powerful. Changed.
  2. 01:35:782 (1,2,1,2) - HMMM this pattern don't convince me, the way how the sliders ends is for me a bit abrupt, try a 1/1 sliders instead, maybe the 3/4 slider could work but here 01:37:345 http://puu.sh/4sKTP.jpg. I would, but it'd feel monotonous in relation to the patterns before it. It also foreshadows similar patterns later in the song.
  3. 02:11:700 (1,2,1,2) - I prefer this pattern invert (ctrl+h,ctrl+j) In addition center the circles in the y axis, and now... (continue in the next point)
  4. 02:18:732 (3) - ...Center this to make a cute blanket.
  5. 02:32:010 (1,2,1,2) - The same thing here, remember this is just a suggestion.
  6. 03:43:896 - The 1.01 SV cause curious in me, why did you use this? Oh, you're new to my tricks. I use tiny SV changes to make sliders fit in very specific constraints e.g. blankets.
  7. 04:01:086 (5) - I'm not sure if a new combo is convenient here. I could be wrong, but as it's the song's climax and it's the final pattern, the comboing should be appropriate--especially since it's consistent with the other diffs. I might break it off for the sake of novices.
Nice easy diff, I like it!

[Sorrow]
  1. 01:58:417 (4) - Why you don't use just a circle here like the previous pattern? I really prefer just a circle, the way you follow the voice before induces to follow the voice here too. Oh. I was probably trying too hard to follow Tears. This works much better.
  2. 02:02:324 (1) - In this part I prefer something similar to 03:04:828 (Two sliders). Nah, I only added the extra sliders to create a snse of progression. Using them here, the slider's end feels much stronger over the end of the phrase.
  3. 02:29:476 (7) - Reduce 1/4 the length of the slider, move it 1/4 forward and place a circle in this point, just saying cuz I prefer follow the heart beats. I would, but it and the slider in Tears are emphasising that midbass thump in the track. It's a consistent feature in the maps.
  4. 02:48:014 (5) - Remove the drum sampleset, auto it's okay like the previous pattern. There's really no need. :P It was insurance anyway.

Another nice diff here.

[Tears]
  1. 02:29:476 (8) - For me the whistle at the end don't fits good, maybe remove it? I think that I used it to lead into the next section, but I agree with you.
  2. 02:33:572 (1,2) - Aesthetic issue, stack this circles properly. No. An automatic stack would jut out awkwardly and look uneven against the arc.
  3. 02:44:498 (1) - Considers delete the whistle here, another whistle coming in the next circle so I think this one is needless. (If you add, apply the changes in the others diffs) Shoulda mentioned it for the other diffs as well, but all of the softwhistles are following a faint peep in the track.
  4. 03:54:054 (11) - Missing soft clap at the end (? Why would I put a soft clap? If you meant a drum clap, the other one was for variance and progression only.
  5. 04:03:430 (7) - Remove the whistle of the slidertrack here, sounds loud and weirdo. Strange. I keep missing these and they're not audible for me in this map, even though I have sliderwhistles in my skin.
Nothing more to add, is just clean and purrr-fect.

Well It's all, maybe I miss something, a long time without make a mod reduces my moddings skills :dies:
The map is very clean and good, for me it's ready.
I hope to helps you, good luck D33d!
Thanks for dropping by! Glad you enjoyed it.
Zerer_old
Yo D33d

General
Love the storyboard. One of the few maps where I actually might leave that on for a change. Also a wise idea not to make an Insane for this, that would've been unnecessary exaggeration.

Calm
01:17:030 (3) - this should end on a white tick, sounds better. I know where you were coming from making it end on a blue tick though, but that just didn't sound right to me.
02:02:324 (1,2) - These two just look off to me. Perhaps something like this maybe?
03:04:828 (1,2) - ^
03:23:581 (1,1) - Loved this.

Great diff, nice work.

Sorrow
00:50:464 (1,2) - these two don't blanket each other well, I suggest editing the bottom slider for a cleaner look.
02:06:426 (2) - It might be a stupid idea, but I'd space this note a liiiittle bit more to the right. One grid3 square, two at the very max. Plays better imo.

That was all I could find. Once again, very clean, nice job.

Tears
01:53:729 (2) - Hmm... This is tricky, not sure if you can fix this and its definitely nitpicking on my part, but this blanket isn't right. Not a big issue, but just letting you know, in case you want to fix it.
02:10:919 (4) - move this sliderend one grid4 square to the left
02:13:263 (3) - ^and the sliderstart one to the left
02:15:607 (2) - ^
02:12:481 (2) - move this sliderend one grid4 square to the right
02:52:312 (5) - nc
03:53:272 (1) - ^
03:56:398 (1) - ^
03:59:523 (6) - ^
02:54:460 (7,8) - ctrl + g? unless you intended it so, both would work but reverse would be better imo
03:31:590 (5) - I'm not sure about this slider, it fits rhythmically but still sounds a bit off to me. Regardless, I feel as though the spacing between this and 03:31:199 (4) - is too small. I know why you placed it there, but I feel as though it needs bigger spacing.
04:01:086 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think you missed this somehow, but these notes suddenly use the Normal sampleset.

Once again, great diff. Modding this was hard. My brain hurts.

Not too much of a mod, I really had to nitpick to find any actual issues with this mapset. Hope this helps, and good luck getting this ranked!
Topic Starter
D33d

Zerer wrote:

Yo D33d

General
Love the storyboard. One of the few maps where I actually might leave that on for a change. Also a wise idea not to make an Insane for this, that would've been unnecessary exaggeration.

Calm
01:17:030 (3) - this should end on a white tick, sounds better. I know where you were coming from making it end on a blue tick though, but that just didn't sound right to me. Definitely agreed.
02:02:324 (1,2) - These two just look off to me. Perhaps something like this maybe? I'd much prefer the rise and fall.
03:04:828 (1,2) - ^
03:23:581 (1,1) - Loved this.

Great diff, nice work.

Sorrow
00:50:464 (1,2) - these two don't blanket each other well, I suggest editing the bottom slider for a cleaner look. Wasn't intended. I wanted them to be identical and aligned. Maybe I could flatten them in order to make the crescent gap less obvious.
02:06:426 (2) - It might be a stupid idea, but I'd space this note a liiiittle bit more to the right. One grid3 square, two at the very max. Plays better imo. It's already a slight jump, so making it a proper jump... I dunno, the consistent 1/2 gap feels more important and it still retains the symmetry.

That was all I could find. Once again, very clean, nice job.

Tears
01:53:729 (2) - Hmm... This is tricky, not sure if you can fix this and its definitely nitpicking on my part, but this blanket isn't right. Not a big issue, but just letting you know, in case you want to fix it. Practically speaking, there really isn't anything I can do about this.
02:10:919 (4) - move this sliderend one grid4 square to the left Sure, I guess.
02:13:263 (3) - ^and the sliderstart one to the left
02:15:607 (2) - ^
02:12:481 (2) - move this sliderend one grid4 square to the right This always bugged me, but I was too lazy to fix it. By the way, "make this pattern blanket better" would've saved you a lot of typing.
02:52:312 (5) - nc I yielded and pulled off some sick iNiS comboing. Yeah that's right.
03:53:272 (1) - ^
03:56:398 (1) - ^
03:59:523 (6) - ^ I really don't think that I need to and it'd make the comboing inconsistent.
02:54:460 (7,8) - ctrl + g? unless you intended it so, both would work but reverse would be better imo The slight jump adds a bit of impact, feels directionally better for the intended feel and gets the end of the combo well out of the way of the next.
03:31:590 (5) - I'm not sure about this slider, it fits rhythmically but still sounds a bit off to me. Regardless, I feel as though the spacing between this and 03:31:199 (4) - is too small. I know why you placed it there, but I feel as though it needs bigger spacing. It makes sense and the spacing's exactly as it should be. However, I need to remember to turn this into a proper angled line pattern, instead of the boring grid/satirical 15-degree grid.
04:01:086 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think you missed this somehow, but these notes suddenly use the Normal sampleset. Of course, it's following the heightened emphasis in the vocals. I may add some variance to the sounds, depending on how inspired I feel.

Once again, great diff. Modding this was hard. My brain hurts.

Not too much of a mod, I really had to nitpick to find any actual issues with this mapset. Hope this helps, and good luck getting this ranked!
Thanks for your time, but don't make a habit of being picky for the sake of writing more--you'll burn out and not everybody likes reading it. I love it, so don't worry about it in my case.
Soaprman
[General]

The mapset is beautifully cohesive. Each difficulty feels like it's the same map. Well done!

I like that you mapped that little part before the break around 2:36. It's a "feels right" sort of thing.

[Calm]

03:20:456 (1) - The center of the track goes off of the grid. Still fully on-screen on 4:3 though so probably not an issue. In fact, I really hope it isn't because using the whole screen for big sliders rules.
03:23:581 (1) - Ditto.

03:32:957 (1) - This is the tiniest bit off-center. I only noticed it while in the editor though.

[Sorrow]
04:02:062 (3) - I believe that's the only default whistle I've heard in this map... sounds kind of goofy.

[Tears]

01:31:094 (1,2,3,4,5) - These seem so rigid compared to everything else in the map. Maybe try coming up with something else that still flows nicely from 01:30:313 (3).

01:34:220 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Same with these, kinda.

02:33:572 (1,2) - Some kind of weird manual stacking going on here. Accident? It looks fine in game but stands out in the editor.

02:54:460 (7,8) - I'd say to flip these, but the hitsound on 8 being different from the hitsound on 4 makes this look intentional. But you didn't do this the same way on Sorrow so hm. Your call.

03:23:581 (1,2,3,4) - This formation was particularly fun to play for some reason!

03:31:199 (4,5) - The spacing here is right, but I expected this to be a jump while playing and missed. Totally my fault for not reading the map right, but I felt my expectation was natural enough that I'd point this out just in case.

03:59:523 (6,7,8,9,10) - Maybe arrange these in a pentagon/flower shape? This formation isn't seen anywhere else in the map and it looks a bit out of place.

[End]

That's about all I can come up with for now. Hopefully there's a useful thing or two in there!
show more