forum

Frou Frou - Must Be Dreaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 1:44:52 PM

Artist: Frou Frou
Title: Must Be Dreaming
BPM: 148
Filesize: 6271kb
Play Time: 01:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.92 stars, 276 notes)
  2. m980 Easy (2.27 stars, 122 notes)
  3. Normal (4.43 stars, 192 notes)
Download: Frou Frou - Must Be Dreaming
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
So this started with me, mrtn, Larto, and JarJarJacob making difficulties, but it somehow dwindled down to just me...and m980...somehow... Crazy stuff.

Note: I made the SB, not m980. He just fixed up this one picture.

"<Rolled> i will pop your bubble if you change spacing at all" Aha!

Edit: mrtn's difficulty added.
Edit 1: m980 fixed up a picture in the SB. Pretty sweet.
Edit 2: Added JarJarJacob's Normal WIP.
Edit 3: Added m980's Easy.
Edit 4: I added a mere 5ms to the offset.
Edit 5: JarJarJacob wasn't ok with me changing his custom colors and making necessary map changes "without his consent," so he wants it removed. Okey dokey with me. Unbubbled.
mrtn
Here's my hard. Hope you like it ;)

Download: Frou Frou - Must Be Dreaming (Seibei4211) [mrtn's Hard].osu
tom800510
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I took the police out of his map and made it specific to my difficulty since he covered it up like that. And I like the hit sounds in Hard. They're subtle and complement the music. I agree about mrtn's hit sounds though.
Jarby
CheeseWarlock
I see what you mean by inspired by What Do They Know? But this has more Cross Time in it than mine did if you ask me. Fun~!

[JarJarJacob's Normal]
I don't see any problems here. Awaiting the finished version.

[Hard]
01:24:17 (7,1) - This slider stands out too much with its fast repeats. Add another one like it or remove it.
01:25:38 (2,3,4) - Gets me every goddamn time. I'm just not sure if that's a bad thing. >:|

[mrtn's Hard]
Fundamentally solid but lackluster. The stacks feel oddly placed, it lacks general patterns, and it doesn't seem to know what it's following and doesn't want to create its own beat.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
[Hard]
01:24:17 (7,1) - This slider stands out too much with its fast repeats. Add another one like it or remove it.

This is one of my favorite parts of the map. Repeating that would just be lame though. I don't think there's another part of the song where that would fit so perfectly. And it's not that awkward to me. It's like a build up, then right at the end, bam, goes down. Like pressure build up, bam, release. It's sweet. Also, you're the first to ever mention that being a problem.

01:25:38 (2,3,4) - Gets me every goddamn time. I'm just not sure if that's a bad thing. >:|

I guess you just suck at jumps. Hasn't gotten most of the people who've played this; I've seen at least 4 people play it. Also, I can get it perfectly all the time. It's not that unreadable.
Jarby
m980
Apparently larto isn't mapping..

>.>

<.<
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I added two notes to your difficulty, m980, for the sake of flow and a hit sound.

01:15:04 (x) and 01:21:53 (x). I can take them out if you object though.

Edit: I forgot that I also shifted the beats here 01:03:08 (3,1,2,3,4,5) and moved them all 1/2 beat to the left. It sounded terrible before I did that.

As for JarJarJacob's difficulty, I added a note here 01:26:60 (2) because it was awkward without one. I also got rid of his gay little .25 BPM slider at the end and made it a proper, but still gay, .5 BPM slider at the end. Fixed Cheese's stuff and um...that's it. Oh, right, and custom colors were changed to the right colors and circle size was increased to a reasonable size.
CheeseWarlock
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
"01:49:30 (4) - Lengthen by 1/2."

He repeats that though. It ends on her little huff. 00:57:41 (4)
Jarby
ThePassingShadow
I'm so excited for this map. Will mod soon.

CheeseWarlock
Everything looks to be in order here.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
If you're wondering what that update is, I added 5 to the offset. I was playing the song again and decided it was very slightly early.
Jarby

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Everything looks to be in order here.
Frou Frou - Must Be Dreaming (Seibei4211) [Jacob's Normal].osu [6.05 KB]
Not downloaded yet
Nice try.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I had everything fixed before you posted that. If I needed you to fix that stuff, I would've asked.
Larto
beeeeeeeeep
CheeseWarlock
The new Normal looks fine. Ranked!
show more