forum

Kevin MacLeod - Oh, Christmas Tree [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cygnus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 09 December 2012 at 17:04:26

Artist: Kevin MacLeod
Title: Oh, Christmas Tree
BPM: 150
Filesize: 1299kb
Play Time: 00:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.4 stars, 43 notes)
  2. Hard (4.9 stars, 93 notes)
  3. Insane (5 stars, 145 notes)
  4. Normal (3.98 stars, 64 notes)
  5. Taiko Muzukashii (4.83 stars, 206 notes)
  6. Taiko Oni (4.83 stars, 229 notes)
Download: Kevin MacLeod - Oh, Christmas Tree
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Some lazy map and song nothing else by PHILIPPINES. XD

Please deal with it carefully.. If you wanna have Christmas (:
Ulysses
happy christmas!(what?

I don't think it needs mod lol
quiz-chan_DELETED
As of now, I have only test-played this once.

Just a fast 'mod':

I would recommend you to raise hit object size in Easy by +2 and in Normal by +1.
(Increasing hit object size in Easy will cause your patterns to lose their beauty so this is up to you to decide)
Decrease the approach rate in Easy to 3.
Increase HP Drain Rate in Insane by +1.

More modding upon in-game or forum PM request.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Response to Quiz-chan's post
I would recommend you to raise hit object size in Easy by +2 and in Normal by +1. (Increasing hit object size in Easy will cause your patterns to lose their beauty so this is up to you to decide)
I'll have to say no, because I'm trying to make the circle size consistent in all difficulties. Plus, making the circle size larger might affect the diff spread of the mapset. The diff spread imo is fine as it is in my opinion.

Decrease the approach rate in Easy to 3.
Still not sure whether I'm going to change this one. Both suggestion and current AR look fine for me. Let's see If someone suggests this one again and I'll see what I can do for it.

Increase HP Drain Rate in Insane by +1.
The current Drain Rate right now is too high actually in my opinion. I think current Drain Rate is already perfect for the diff.
Nymph
Hi.

[general]
I feel like offset+15..
the combo colour look really similar... maybe change combo 2 more like white not blue?

[Easy]
AR-1?
00:38:920 (1,2) - these feel a little off timing..(although I feel better when offset+15 and resnap all notes orz).anyway maybe try slider or spinner instead? or you can check the timing again. (same issue in other diff)

[Insane]
AR9 feel a little too fast, maybe -1? just suggestion though.
pimp
general

i agree with nymph about offset, its a bit early
00:38:920 - i think this timeline should be 51 bpm because it follows the same sounds as 00:29:320 in the long white tick to next white tick
but in a slower speed... 51 bpm fits it.

00:38:900 (1) - this note is suposed to be at the new timeline, its actually unsnapped
00:40:053 (2) - ^ in the red tick

hard

slider tick 1 sounds alot better, you are not using slider tick 2 in insane btw

thats all, nice map and song i'll give you a star

good luck with ranking :)
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Followed all your suggestions guys, except for Nymph's suggestion about the combo color. I think it's fine so I'm gonna keep it (:
Aleks719
General
  1. It's kinda funny, but with od10 i got offset 522 (very close to your previous and -13ms from current)
  2. Normal has another 2nd timing section (old offset). Because of that Normal contains one unsnapped object
  3. If in osu!mode bg is simple and nice, in Taiko mode it's only blue screen of death colour. I suggest to make taiko bg with snow in the bottom, it would be adorable.
  4. Taiko diffs start 400ms earlier than osu!diffs. Add more audio lead-in time in taiko diffs?
  5. Since i'm weak in Taiko, better ask more mods for it, because of many 1/6 patterns... Well, idk.
Insane
  1. Unsnapped objects. Many of them.
Hard
  1. Tickrate 2 looks and sounds strange, because other diffs have tickrate 1
Taiko Oni
  1. 00:38:935 - i'd like to add note nere. Well, i see your point why did you do it.
Taiko Muzukashii
  1. 00:00:135 (1) - this note looks not-from-this-universe. By the way, it makes delay before start of song very little.
  2. 00:38:935 - here you have note, i see reason why no note in Oni. Well, up to you, but you can ask taiko modders. I see two ways : Just replace section with 51 bpm to last note, don't use it for last two. Or use speed up of sv for consistent speed? Anyway, better ask someone else about it
Normal
  1. 00:05:334 (1,3) - here and next same sliders in this diff... Well, i see your point again, but this reverses sound totally off or me:
    I suggest to use these short sliders for better rhythm. ...or try to use 1/1 as in Easy?
Easy
  1. okay
Topic Starter
Cygnus

Aleks719 wrote:

General
  1. It's kinda funny, but with od10 i got offset 522 (very close to your previous and -13ms from current) hah
  2. Normal has another 2nd timing section (old offset). Because of that Normal contains one unsnapped object aha
  3. If in osu!mode bg is simple and nice, in Taiko mode it's only blue screen of death colour. I suggest to make taiko bg with snow in the bottom, it would be adorable. aha
  4. Taiko diffs start 400ms earlier than osu!diffs. Add more audio lead-in time in taiko diffs? aha
  5. Since i'm weak in Taiko, better ask more mods for it, because of many 1/6 patterns... Well, idk.
Insane
  1. Unsnapped objects. Many of them. aha
Hard
  1. Tickrate 2 looks and sounds strange, because other diffs have tickrate 1 aha
Taiko Oni
  1. 00:38:935 - i'd like to add note nere. Well, i see your point why did you do it. aha. wrong snap of not- XD
Taiko Muzukashii
  1. 00:00:135 (1) - this note looks not-from-this-universe. By the way, it makes delay before start of song very little. aha
  2. 00:38:935 - here you have note, i see reason why no note in Oni. Well, up to you, but you can ask taiko modders. I see two ways : Just replace section with 51 bpm to last note, don't use it for last two. Or use speed up of sv for consistent speed? Anyway, better ask someone else about it hah

Normal
  1. 00:05:334 (1,3) - here and next same sliders in this diff... Well, i see your point again, but this reverses sound totally off or me: hah
Easy
  1. hahahaha
Aurele
Such a lovely mapset.
Garven
Why would you map this? hahaha
So cheezy. Anyway, from the Chistmas queue~

[General]
The beginning of your mp3 is screwed. Fix it please.
You need to decide whether you want a new combo at two measure or one measure and stick to it please. GO through your maps and see where it's inconsistent and fix them.

[Oni]
00:38:935 (228,229) - Yeah, that overlap is fugly. Adjust the speed of these so they aren't coming in at 1/kmph
Same with the muzukashii

[Insane]
Seriously? AR9?
OD +1 at least.
Topic Starter
Cygnus

Garven wrote:

Why would you map this? hahaha Because it is short XD
So cheezy. Anyway, from the Chistmas queue~

[General]
The beginning of your mp3 is screwed. Fix it please. Oh, i thought that bug was just me. D: Fixed and readjusted timing. Reduced 105 in all offset.
You need to decide whether you want a new combo at two measure or one measure and stick to it please. GO through your maps and see where it's inconsistent and fix them. I don't think this is a problem imo. I'm keeping the current one since the combo flow is fine for me.

[Oni]
00:38:935 (228,229) - Yeah, that overlap is fugly. Adjust the speed of these so they aren't coming in at 1/kmph what i did is that i moved the red line in the very last note. I think the slow down is a bit cool too though. says the guy who plays taiko alot
Same with the muzukashii

[Insane]
Seriously? AR9? ye
OD +1 at least. i somehow dont agree much on that but i dont see any reason why i should decline. D:
Is it good to go? XD
Garven
Get the timing double checked and the priority higher and call me back. q:
Stefan

Philippines wrote:

This would be the shortest map in osu! if ranked! XD
They are shorter ones. Anyway, orz that I didn't came to mod it.
-kevincela-
Just shot 2 stars. Now the map should have the right priority :P

Good luck!
Chewin
Timing (as your request).
I have offset: 428, -2ms from your current one
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Confirming Chewin's timing because that's my previous offset after I fixed mp3.
LKs
irc modded

confirmed and fixed timing

fixed lead-in

checked all diffs

and some small adjustments

i have log if needed

bubbled

EDIT

:

_(:3」∠)_
Aurele