forum

Pixel - Running Hell

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, March 08, 2009 at 3:30:25 PM

Artist: Pixel
Title: Running Hell
Source: Cave Story
Tags: doukutsu monogatari game sacred grounds
BPM: 166.67
Filesize: 1527kb
Play Time: 01:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.27 stars, 62 notes)
  2. Hard (4.83 stars, 139 notes)
  3. Insane (5 stars, 191 notes)
  4. Normal (4.17 stars, 91 notes)
Download: Pixel - Running Hell
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The Sacred Grounds Theme Song! You know, the song that plays during the epic bonus/secret stage in Cave Story. :)

This map has been lying here for nearly a month, waiting for SLAM and Gobi's Valley to be Ranked. Now it's time for its freedom. :D

Oh, and the map has a minor storyboard and a major custom skin. :)

1: Miscellaneous changes that I noticed after watching this beatmap play. (Hitsounds)
2: Changed a New Combo on [Insane] to make the last few parts more readable. Skyripper's suggestion.
3: Approrach Circle has been modified. If you have downloaded this map before 3/3/09 4:51 PM PST (-8), then you do not have the new Approach Circle skin! Thanks K2J.
4: Easy created. It's boring like other Easies. :V
5: Supergarlic edits. I knew something was fishy either way. >:x
6: An64Fan edits. You and your nazi-ism. (Skinwise I mean) Attention! If you have downloaded this map before 3/5/09, please redownload for skin edits!
7: Gens edits. Offset change (finally).
8: Larto-dets. Difficulty's probably nerfed because of the end pattern. :P
K-S-O
On the Insane map I've noticed a bit of spacing inconsistencies, particularly on 00:56:154(1-8). Though that is probably intentional judging by the arrangements.

Overall, I like what I see and feels this deserves to be ranked. So I'll give it a star.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

K-S-O wrote:

On the Insane map I've noticed a bit of spacing inconsistencies, particularly on 00:56:154(1-8). Though that is probably intentional judging by the arrangements.
Your assumptions are correct. It is definitely intentional, so I'm keeping it there...In my opinion, that's pretty much the hardest part of the song. :roll: Besides, it's fitting for an Insane. ;D

Thanks for the positive marks. :)
Chaos Anime X
I'm awful at modding, but I didn't see anything wrong (maybe thats why I am failing at my maps)
I liked the skin for the most part, especially on the numbers and text
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0bj3c7i0n
Very well done map
Awesome storyboard
Bad-ass skin
Great job!

(Also, if you could, get some custom sounds in, would enhance the badassness of the map)
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

0bj3c7i0n wrote:

(Also, if you could, get some custom sounds in, would enhance the badassness of the map)
Yeah, but I need to get those custom sounds from the actual game...Haha...And that might require a whole overhaul of the hitsounds in the map. ._.; Might, I say. I don't know any easy way to ail this.

Skyripper wrote:

01:03:35 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - Figure out a way to change the color of this combo, because it is sooo hard to see against the background. I know if I was trying to full combo this I would probably delete this background to do it (because of this part)
Finally some criticism. :V

I corrected this adding a new combo on the slider before this moment, so the circles are a teensy bit more visible. I guess I could do something else like change the colors of all the combos, but I'd rather not. :?

An64fan wrote:

You also pulled a couple Darris there, too!
<3

Thanks everyone for the support.
K2J
[Hard]

00:43:91 (4) - Hmm, I dunno. Seems like it would throw people off to have the stacked beat be different than the beats both before and after in this situation.

[Skin]

It plays fine for me, but the discrepancy between the approach circle and circle overlay is noticeable. I know you can't make the approach circle a copy of the circle overlay (it'd be too dirty), but maybe you can thicken the approach circle a bit?

Star.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

K2J wrote:

00:43:91 (4) - Hmm, I dunno. Seems like it would throw people off to have the stacked beat be different than the beats both before and after in this situation.
That is one point...to throw off the player with a combination like this. Since it's Hard, and it's rated near 5 stars, something like that should be a great obstacle to train on...There isn't a Spacing or Distance Snap problem as well, so I'm keeping that. Nice for pointing that out, gave me a lot of thought there...

K2J wrote:

It plays fine for me, but the discrepancy between the approach circle and circle overlay is noticeable. I know you can't make the approach circle a copy of the circle overlay (it'd be too dirty), but maybe you can thicken the approach circle a bit?
I'll try and fix the Approach Circle soon. I can't do it today; it's too late of a time. Thanks for making that small observation, haha...
Lizbeth
Wizard Of Orz
Normal:
phine
Hard:
01:00:47 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - i question this rhythym
01:03:35 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - same
Insane:
01:00:47 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - same as hard
01:03:35 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - same

ok for all the parts that i questioned the rhythym i suggest doing this:

For 01:00:47 you should put the notes like this:

01:00:47 note here
01:00:74 note here
01:01:01 note here
01:01:19 note here
01:01:37 note here
01:01:55 note here
01:01:73 note here

For 1:03:35 the notes should be at these times:

01:03:35 note here
01:03:62 note here
01:03:71 note here
01:03:89 note here
01:04:07 note here
01:04:34 note here
01:04:43 note here
01:04:61 note here
01:04:79 note here
01:05:06 note here
01:05:15 note here
01:05:33 note here
01:05:51 note here
01:05:78 note here
01:05:87 note here

it sounds better like this imo :P

GARLIC STAR!
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
Ah...thanks for that. I originally tried to make something along those lines, but it went too crazy out so I just went out to the 1/3 divisor...Heh, guess I should have tried more. Thank you.

There is now an Easy...

Ergh...I see two Insanes and two Easies... -_-; This is just greeeeat. >_>;
An64fan
Easy
01:07:67 (1) - You could probably add another repeat on this.

Normal
Fine.

Hard
01:01:46 (5) - 1/4 back.
01:00:47 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Adjust spacing.

Insane
Same fixes as suggested in Hard.

Other fixes:
Weeee, skin naziing~ Your score and health bar overlap each other. Fix please~ Also, there's a white pixel on the right side of the spinner.
The black combo's kinda hard to see. Maybe lighten this combo up a bit?

Very nice stuff, of course. Gets a star.

EDIT: Fixes look great. Bubbled.
Gens
Hai there

Ya know, i'm starting to like the Starrod style of Beatmapping.

[Timing]
Why you didn't just use 166.67 for the Timing? -.- (it's 166.667 right now)
Also I would use 5,748 for the Offset, altough I'm no Offset master.

[Normal]
Awesome

[Hard]
00:48:58 (8) - You could make both sliderpoints claps.

[Insane]
00:48:95 (1,2) - You could also move these 2 grids to the left to make it look pretty :3

Starring because running hell is awesome and this map too.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
Ya know, i'm starting to like the Starrod style of Beatmapping.
I hope I can maintain that style. ^^;

Why you didn't just use 166.67 for the Timing? -.- (it's 166.667 right now)
I honestly don't remember. I got that when doing the new timing system, so I didn't bother rounding up. Not like it matters anyway, I mean, it sounds fine...

Other than that, I made all those changes. Thanks Gens. :D And thank you everyone for pitching in...Let's get this ranked soon. <3
Larto
Sorreeh:

Insane:
00:50:38 (1,2) - The repeats on those two sliders are very hard to see.
00:56:14 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern looks good but it gave me real problems when playing oo

apart from that it's a REAL cool map.

Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
RANK TIME! *hopes*

I made the changes. Hopefully these are acceptable.

It's more of a...

1 2 3
4 5 6
- 7 8

Pattern now.
Larto
Gens
And years later... I come up with my own version.

http://gbeatmaps.blogspot.mx/2013/03/pi ... -hell.html
show more