forum

Grandaddy - Jed's Other Poem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wiicademan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 9:20:24 PM

Artist: Grandaddy
Title: Jed's Other Poem
BPM: 120
Filesize: 6822kb
Play Time: 01:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.61 stars, 76 notes)
  2. Hard (3.06 stars, 120 notes)
Download: Grandaddy - Jed's Other Poem
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I just got Osu! the other day, but I decided to make a beatmap out of this song, cuz I really like it. :P The difficulty is easy(for me, at least), and the video in the background is the music video for the song. This is the first beatmap I've ever made. I thought it turned out pretty good. The song is only 2 minutes long.

UPDATE(If anyone cares): I included a hard level, and I put in break times.

UPDATE(If anyone cares): I fixed the bpm and the offset.

UPDATE(If anyone cares): Chnaged the offset slighty.
eyup
Hey, nice work on your first one. Good first time effort - looks like you used the distance snap pretty well, and the layout is generally pretty good! The timing is off - try BPM=120.00, offset=28934. I think your BPM was off only because your offset was off. Next time, try and get the offset (i.e. the first tick of the metronome) perfectly on time with the beat of the song, and you will find that the right BPM comes much easier after that.

After you change timing, remember to change the beat divisor to 1/4 then resnap the beats from the Timing menu. Then go through the song and carefully check that the beats snapped to their correct positions and are not 1/4 of a beat off.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
wiicademan
Thanks for commenting!

I changed the bpm and offset and re-snapped the notes, and it feels a lot more playable now. I couldn't get the offset exactly right at first, so I guess that's why my bpm was off. Which version did you play, the easy one or the hard one?

To tell you the truth, I didn't use the distance snap at all. :P I placed all of the notes in the locations that I thought would feel right.
Fraeon
Yeah, the fixed version works pretty nicely. Nice beatmap. I'd say more, but eyup's pretty much nailed it.

Also, I didn't use alt-snapping in my first beatmap either. It's just less painful to do with alt-snapping than moving each beat by hand.

But, anyhow...starred.
tsububu
I found that an offset of 28,874ms worked better - some one confirm this before ranking it.

Otherwise well done map!
Extor
That's true. It's better with that offset.

Nice beatmap, by the way. =D

*Bubbles*
Topic Starter
wiicademan
Man... I wish my Windows computer was working... The computer I'm using now doesn't have Windows on it, and my Windows computer is broken. So I can't fix the beatmap, or even play Osu! at all.

*waits for dad to fix computer*
Topic Starter
wiicademan
OK, my computer's fixed. I had to re-install Windows... luckily, I didn't lose all of my stuff.

I updated it. I used the offset that was suggested. Is it ready for rankings yet?
peppy
We do care :). You earned a well deserved ranking. Sorry about the delay on this.