forum

Storyboard Elements Dependant on In-Game Performance

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
QazseWsxdr
Was looking at pishi's tutorial map thingy, and the storyboarded Pippi caught my eye. Wouldn't it be cool if there were storyboard elements that will act differently depending on your in-game performance, for example hitting one object will play a certain animation but missing an object will play another? Obviously there are limitations this idea but it would be a cool feature to add. And will probably take an editor overhaul so if we do see this feature implemented it will be in Lazer.
OtakuKent
So you're saying something along the lines of a dynamic storyboard? I was having this idea too and it's essentially similar to the original "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!" series of games where the storyboard would change depending on the player's performance. I would want this, but storyboard creation is hard enough on its own and even if it does get implemented to osu!lazer, it would probably have a small number of storyboard makers utilize it. Maybe it will get implemented if storyboard creation itself becomes easier, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.