forum

Host modes and settings

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +30
Topic Starter
October Scream
There should be a way so that in Multiplayer a lobby creator can choose from different host options and settings for rotations with everyone else. There could be three options currently:
Normal: How host works currently: Host picks song, kicks players, changes mod rules, etc.
Song Rotation: Room creator is Host unless given to another player. A song chooser tag will be given as well that can be changed in anyway like how many songs one player gets to pick before it rotates to another player, random player choice or current chooser's choice.
Overview: This one sounds a bit crazy, but it would be great for tournament hosting. The room creator makes the room, but leaves it open for other players while he/she is watching over a live scoreboard, chat, etc. They can choose to pick the songs or give the players the freedom to choose their own. They control when the game starts, who to kick, and who to silence if needed. This would seem to be for the business people of osu! though, but it would still be a good method of control.

We could have options too for the game lobby when created:
Difficulty Limiter: When set, the players in the lobby can choose only to the set amount of stars chosen no higher, no lower. For example, the creator chooses minimum 3 stars, maximum 5 stars. The only songs that can be chosen are the ones with stars of 3, 4 or 5. This factor could be decided by the game's amount of stars shown, not online listing.
Stiff mods: When this is applied, the host can choose to set one or more mods for the whole lobby, and then everyone else can choose their own free mods that haven't been chosen. Exceptions would be if Hard Rock is on, Easy can't be chosen. Sudden Death, No Fail can't be chosen. This would be like Free Mods and Time modifiers currently.
Mod Restrictions: When this is applied, the creator can choose to disable any mods of their choice when they set Free Mods up. Example, in an osu!mania lobby, the creator can choose to restrict Key Mods, Hard Rock, and Sudden Death. When Free Mods is set, no players can choose Key Mods, Hard Rock, or Sudden Death. The other mods can be chosen freely.
Miterosan
nice idea.... but sure this isnt duplicate? (I thing i saw this before)
Topic Starter
October Scream
If there is, there's a high chance that this is more detailed and has more stars.
Yukiteru Amano
I want ;W; They host lack moderation over the lobby normally!
Topic Starter
October Scream

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

I want ;W; They host lack moderation over the lobby normally!
Exactly why we need it!
Ruiko_old_1
Difficulty Limiter: When set, the players in the lobby can choose only to the set amount of stars chosen no higher, no lower. For example, the creator chooses minimum 3 stars, maximum 5 stars. The only songs that can be chosen are the ones with stars of 3, 4 or 5. This factor could be decided by the game's amount of stars shown, not online listing.