forum

[resolved] [Mapping] Volume of song got quieter when imported

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
soypork
Hello, I tried looking for a similar issue on the forums but couldn't find the exact problem I was having (or so I think).

I recorded a song using Audacity, exported it as an MP3 to import into osu! to make a beatmap. However, the volume is significantly quieter than it was when I recorded it. Furthermore, if I play the MP3 file (from the osu! song folder that's automatically made upon creation of the beatmap) on Windows Media Player or preview it on audio editing software like Audacity or mp3DirectCut, the volume is normal, aka as loud as when I recorded it. It's just when it's imported into osu! that the volume of that song for some reason decreases.

This confuses me because about an hour ago I did the same thing with a different song -- recorded using Audacity, exported as MP3 to import into osu!. This song's volume is fine and is just as loud as when it was recorded (maybe a little quieter, I'm not sure, but the point is, it's not a significant difference).

Any help or explanation is appreciated. Thank you.

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Nigrod
Topic Starter
soypork

Nigrod wrote:

See if this helps: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/53014

Thanks. That was actually the thread I was reading before to try to resolve my issue. I thought it didn't work because I didn't amplify by a lot. This time I amplified it by way more (to the point where the preview was louder than my poor ears could handle) and after some trial and error, I got it to work and now the volume is good. A bit of a pain, but now my issue is resolved!