forum

[confirmed] Storyboard Causes Combo Flashes to be Brighter and Quicker

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xenans
Problem Details:
Combo flashes (at 30, 60, 100, etc) are brighter and don't last as long for storyboarded maps as they do for non-storyboarded maps, or when the storyboard is disabled.
Was brought to my attention by a post at p/4748679 . He believes that it is caused by storyboards using white.jpg, but I have tested with multiple maps that do not use a white.jpg, and they all seem to have the same problem. That is how I came to the conclusion that storyboarded maps have a conflict with combos.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
(These are not my videos, but they showcase the problem. I got them from p/4748679, where the poster had assumed it was specific to that map, but I tested it on multiple maps and found them all to have the same problem. The version may not be correct in the videos, but I am using the latest version of CE and the same effect happened)
With SB
without SB

osu! version: 20151220cuttingedge
Dntm8kmeeatu
I was "Investigating" this problem as well, And it seems all it takes is the there to be a storyboard. You don't really have to do anything special.

Here is a crappy, Hastily made video showing off how it works.

This was done on Stable osu! version: 20151217.3 (latest)
VeilStar
Confirming this...
Sanch-KK
peppy fix plz

Oh yeah i forgot to mention that combo flashes are bursting even if they are turned off completely in the options