forum

[Archived] osu! randomly crashes whenever I edit a beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
31Gabe
Problem details:
I always get an osu! that crashes randomly every time I do some editing to the beatmaps. Please correct this issue as soon as possible.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20170103.2

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at #=zLZue0oYfEfbhX6iJtn4hSbc4jsnnb88jbb$bInJfNIu2.#=zpq$MEIqS7Pzl()
at #=zsD$R5_TtxWzA3HjCxRKoeEBxfUfC.#=zpq$MEIqS7Pzl()
at #=zsD$R5_TtxWzA3HjCxRKoeEBxfUfC.#=zQ$MffSE=()
at #=z_xb5sqwxM5176abtnA==.#=zLKgXELo=.#=zHF7s9eiucjwneAQ1hCVil8o=(#=zQVUzkqX8FMukxIXvfYw$lPE= #=z9xc8JjI=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at #=z_xb5sqwxM5176abtnA==.#=zQ$MffSE=()
at #=zx1FxjauhNBZmPPJHBA==.#=z5A$YGu4ZsAaf(Object #=zytwiObk=, EventArgs #=zwQratfs=)
at #=zjpycFAB84aEd7fjblQKy31o=.#=zXk1DVew=(Object #=zytwiObk=, EventArgs #=zVWQRyiw=)
at #=zQQUMoF6cE6M1Z9ElRzfDfiQ=.#=zKc_$cXoP_lAS6H1kog==(Object #=zytwiObk=, EventArgs #=zwQratfs=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=zQQUMoF6cE6M1Z9ElRzfDfiQ=.#=zmzrE_PY=()
at #=zx1FxjauhNBZmPPJHBA==.#=zmzrE_PY=()
at #=zMgnSSrQvFq1Ku5klOg==.#=z439anwWEAOJr(String #=zdZ6dh5la$Mlj, Boolean #=zrkztIkBfLwb6kzsK00AN0pI=, Boolean #=ztpjKHvQiV6EjCFssgA==)
Death
Can you post a link to one of the beatmaps you are trying to edit?

Try pressing and holding shift while starting the game until a configuration window pops up. Then click the "repair osu!" button.
Topic Starter
31Gabe
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15oUhLU630gxl2zEhaq9O1VdYRuAa5UZ4/view?usp=sharing

This was the beatmap I was working on. I am editing it to make it match the source material. However, I always have osu! crash on me randomly whenever I edit.
Death
I mean, it could be because you are setting your BPM to something really weird. I know why you are doing it, but when you are setting the Milliseconds per beat to "60000000000000" I suppose that could cause some issues, especially when you need to manually modify the .osu file to do that.

Did you at least try repairing just to get that out of the way?
Topic Starter
31Gabe
Not yet. Parts of the beat map need 0 BPM points to trigger a “pause” in chart flow.
Death
Yes, I am aware. With that said, you are still modifying the .osu file manually and setting things to extreme values that aren't achievable through the editor normally. I'd expect that is something that could cause issues from time to time.
Topic Starter
31Gabe
I repaired osu!, and it crashed again. It didn't help, though. I was able to complete the 4K Hard version of Xmix 2 with the least amount of crashing as possible. However, I tried editing the 8K Hard version, but it crashed on me many times. Please help me tweak this one so it matches the original DDR source material. (There's barely any footage of Xmix 2 Double Expert though...)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15oUhLU630gxl2zEhaq9O1VdYRuAa5UZ4