forum

Removing the background in-game w/ editor (for storyboards)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +20
Topic Starter
Xgor
Well, I noticed that it's quite troublesome (And it feels kinda buggy too) to try to remove the background in-game as it can be quite needed when you make a big storyboard.

My idea is to make a check-box in the editor that removes the background as that would make it much easer to do that, so you are not forced to do weird workarounds and would save time. (and my sanity)
LuigiHann
Yeah, I'd like to see this. The actual process of getting rid of the background isn't actually that difficult with either the editor or scripting, but it's far from intuitive, and I have difficulty even explaining the process to people. Having a checkbox (perhaps in the underused "storyboarding" tab in Song Setup) that fades the background away before the start of the map would be pretty straightforward.
Derekku
Edited the subject slightly since it was bugging me. :v

Yeah, pretty much what LH said. Sure, this can be done easily with storyboarding, but something much easier and more intuitive would be great.
Beuchi
Yes please!
Yes please!
Yes please!

Although it isn't hard to make the background dissapear when you know how to do it, if the background you're using isn't 640x480px, the background won't be auto-resized anymore to fit the screen, as osu! does with every background. Maybe this feature can make the bg dissapear without having to resize it? I don't know if it's possible =x
EvianBubble
I'd like to see this, it'd be helpful ^_^

+1 support
Dragvon
Yes, please.
+ Support.
Topic Starter
Xgor
Bumping this.

Also the current way to remove a storyboard still makes so you get 1,00x SB load and it would be sweet if you could get it to 0,00x as a base point with no problem
Verdisphena
yes yes yes yes
Zekira
YES GOD DARN IT
OzzyOzrock
Si, por favor.
Rena-chan
I support this. Totally.
Miu Matsuoka
Totally Support~ :D
Pereira006
yayyy
must better +1 Suppoter
GolemStolem

EvianBubble wrote:

I'd like to see this, it'd be helpful ^_^

+1 support

One of my Osus has something I don't want there. I just want Rouxls Kaard to be my background again, but i can't get the video to go away! It's annoying that i can't upload my beautiful osu! because i don't want people to see it. I can't remove the video from my ousu. I put it in there as a background. Why does this have to be so difficult!?!?
worst fl player

GolemStolem wrote:

One of my Osus has something I don't want there. I just want Rouxls Kaard to be my background again, but i can't get the video to go away! It's annoying that i can't upload my beautiful osu! because i don't want people to see it. I can't remove the video from my ousu. I put it in there as a background. Why does this have to be so difficult!?!?
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/5