forum

[Archived] cant play osu on Win Xp Sp3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yug
Hi , i am a big fan osu but I have an Windows Xp SP 3 And when i install osu it still Saying Wait being update And it Keep going... I searched on google this error i dont found. if you can help me.. please...
johnmedina999
I don't know, but are the required DirectX files compatible with your OS? osu should run on just about anything.
abraker
John, DirectX got nuked in osu! stable. Fallback still has it tho

Now the actual issue is that the installer is having issues. Have you tried redownloading osu!?
Topic Starter
Yug

abraker wrote:

John, DirectX got nuked in osu! stable. Fallback still has it tho

Now the actual issue is that the installer is having issues. Have you tried redownloading osu!?

Yes , I tried a lot of times i instaled also all drivers necesary for my intel or Board etc wich i didnt have. I will try intrall Direct X becaz i dont have it and i will come with an edit :D

Edit: Same Thing Its saying Osu is being updated... until i die. I dont know what to do.. i have opengll...
Death
Why was this in Off-Topic? I've moved it to Help.

Windows XP isn't technically supported anymore, so I'd highly recommend you update your OS.

With that said, some people are still able to play just fine (other aren't generally because of hardware issues). This update loop is a pretty common thing on Windows XP and it has a workaround, so I could probably guess what the issue is. But just to make sure, please post the contents of the "update.log" file that should be located in your osu!\Logs folder.