forum

[Archived] problem with hitsounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jumbb_
My problem is that I can't hear my drum-wav hitsounds. I'm able to hear them when I watch a recording of me playing but I can't hear them when playing. In the skin folder the hitsounds' length is 0 seconds and if it's 1 second or more it's quiet.

edit
example map: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/188799#osu/454839
example skin (my own): http://www.mediafire.com/file/rynyygrt91rgbs2/altf4v2.osk/file

edit: Fixed through a lot of VERY cancerous driver uninstalling and system restarting. The problem was in the High Definition Audio Device drivers. I used them instead of Realtek drivers, because they added so much audio lag that osu! became unplayable. I somehow removed all drivers I installed after installing Windows 10 and reverted to the original Realtek drivers, which made the game playable again. I would of course be using the HD drivers, but the problems they bring with them makes them unusable.
Lyawi
Not many drum-sampleset hitsounds exist in maps. most people use the normal- or soft-sampleset.. that's probably why you don't get to listen to them when playing or watching replays mostly

Please leave below
  1. a way to download your skin
  2. the map you played
  3. the replay of it
Topic Starter
jumbb_

Lyawi wrote:

Not many drum-sampleset hitsounds exist in maps. most people use the normal- or soft-sampleset.. that's probably why you don't get to listen to them when playing or watching replays mostly

Please leave below
  1. a way to download your skin
  2. the map you played
  3. the replay of it

I edited my post to include those. The example map uses almost entirely drum hitsounds. Like I said in my post the sounds are present in a recording but not while playing, so this is probably a software bug.
Lyawi
Is your issue also happening when you're using the default skin?
Topic Starter
jumbb_

Lyawi wrote:

Is your issue also happening when you're using the default skin?

No.