forum

Hardstuck at 5*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FroboSama
Been playing for a while now and I've gotten to 55k rank, but I feel like im stuck at 5 stars. I've been playing 5*'s for a while and I don't know how to improve. All I'm doing at this point is farming 150-250pp maps. Any other tips besides playing more ? like with a certain mod or a certain type of map to play ? or should i jump to 6*s and force it out.

Profile : https://osu.ppy.sh/users/7419718
Reki-kun_DELETED
Don't mind it too much. It isn't be determined on skill with the map difficulty. These maps today are just unrealistic and in smooth quality because of this unnecessary screen jumps and other stuff.
For me it's just untimed because of that.

Just try to improve with setting your brain to press linearly. It means finger control. The other is easy through playing to improve.

Well I'm saying such things with my rank which isn't really high, but I'm playing on a laptop since 2014. I was really good then, but I still improved. The handicaps are crippling me for now.

Hope I could help
Kayy
Same.
im flat
try going for high * dt passes like remote control
play dt
try something new for example grip,area,monitor position,singletapping,alternating,etc
UnnamedBeast
dont play dt, keep playing nomod and start playing higher star 5*.

trust me high 5* maps are usually harder than low 6* maps
KupcaH

UnnamedBeast wrote:

dont play dt, keep playing nomod and start playing higher star 5*.
This guy knows
DXPOHIHIHI
im on the same level as you, but always remember that your improving slowly, all of the people on our rank range experience this, just keep playing 5* maps and you'll improve.

Remember, difficulty is not judged by the stars, I mean literally there are 4* maps that are way difficult that 5*
Deva

UnnamedBeast wrote:

this literally makes no sense please explain >_<
DXPOHIHIHI

Deva wrote:

UnnamedBeast wrote:

he's probably talking about 5* tech maps
UnnamedBeast

Deva wrote:

UnnamedBeast wrote:

usually high 5* maps are more tech while low 6* maps are more farm
Darud3

FroboSama wrote:

Been playing for a while now and I've gotten to 55k rank, but I feel like im stuck at 5 stars. I've been playing 5*'s for a while and I don't know how to improve. All I'm doing at this point is farming 150-250pp maps. Any other tips besides playing more ? like with a certain mod or a certain type of map to play ? or should i jump to 6*s and force it out.

Only way is to play harder maps lul. Find what you fail on and try and focus on it. For me, I always hit z and x too early on jumps, so I turned my headphones up more and focused on it and I can fairly confidently do at least 6.5s and sometimes 7s with a pass. The second you try and overthink and figure out, you won't improve. Some other things:

Take a short break from osu. Sounds dumb, but if you take a week or so off, you might find that what you needed was a rest, if you've been playing frequently.

Literally just play harder maps. Can only pass high 5*s? Play a 6.9 or a 7.3 or whatever the hell you wanna play. The more fun you have with it, the more you'll improve. Even if you don't pass or get a bad score, it should still be fun and accomplishing to do a map that you didn't think you could.

Play tech maps. Honestly, that helps a TON with establishing good basics and decent skills of the game. For example, Rude Buster (https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/881601#osu/1843236) was mapped and ranked not too long ago and has a 5.03* and 6.1* on it. If you're only used to playing short maps or fairly normal ones, it'll be useful to try some different kinds of maps.

You're likely stuck because you aren't changing anything, or what you're changing isn't drastic enough.
UnnamedBeast

Darud3 wrote:

FroboSama wrote:

Only way is to play harder maps lul. Find what you fail on and try and focus on it. For me, I always hit z and x too early on jumps, so I turned my headphones up more and focused on it and I can fairly confidently do at least 6.5s and sometimes 7s with a pass. The second you try and overthink and figure out, you won't improve. Some other things:

Take a short break from osu. Sounds dumb, but if you take a week or so off, you might find that what you needed was a rest, if you've been playing frequently.

Literally just play harder maps. Can only pass high 5*s? Play a 6.9 or a 7.3 or whatever the hell you wanna play. The more fun you have with it, the more you'll improve. Even if you don't pass or get a bad score, it should still be fun and accomplishing to do a map that you didn't think you could.

Play tech maps. Honestly, that helps a TON with establishing good basics and decent skills of the game. For example, Rude Buster (https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/881601#osu/1843236) was mapped and ranked not too long ago and has a 5.03* and 6.1* on it. If you're only used to playing short maps or fairly normal ones, it'll be useful to try some different kinds of maps.

You're likely stuck because you aren't changing anything, or what you're changing isn't drastic enough.
change =/= good.

personally if you're sightread fc'ing everything with 99% acc, keep going if not farm more 5* without retrying
Darud3

UnnamedBeast wrote:

change =/= good.

personally if you're sightread fc'ing everything with 99% acc, keep going if not farm more 5* without retrying

Two different approaches lol. Just try what works for you, since everybody's different. Don't get discouraged if you're not constantly improving. I've found that it comes in plateaus and slopes. You improve for a while, then level out. The cycle goes on like that.