forum

Tablet or mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LingonBusken
Im new to this game, started yesterday and I really like it.
And I know that this game has been here for years so im a little late to the party.

The question I have is should I buy a tablet or keep playing with my mouse?
I feel like a tablet would be nice to have and try out, just because it seems more easy to have a tablet instead of a mouse. (I play on low sens)

So to the veterans of this game, what is best to use when you are just getting started? :P
mihari
TL;DR at the end

In my opinion, playing osu! on low sens is literally death, you are going to notice once you get to faster maps or maps with larger spacing.

To your question of "mouse or tablet", it's all just preference. There's nothing you "can't do" simply because you use a tablet or mouse, each have their ups and downs, for example with mouse you experience "mouse drift" while with tablet you might experience "pen slip", it really just comes down to preference. Try taking a piece of paper and grab a pencil and move around with it, try to imagine playing osu!. If you think it feels better than using your mouse, you should try tablet. You can always go back to mouse and possibly return your tablet if you decide that it isn't for you.

If you decide to try tablet, one IMPORTANT thing to note is: It is very likely that you are going to be worse at the start. Don't get discouraged by that. Get yourself a tablet area that you are comfortable with and start playing, try to get used to it. If you stick with mouse however, I can just deeply suggest that you get yourself a higher sens.

TL;DR:

Get yourself a pencil and check if you like that kind of movement over your mouse.
im flat
tablet is better than mouse
unless u actually prefer mouse
don't listen to anybody who says "it's just preference"
KupcaH
You can get good with both tablet and mouse. Pretty much best DT players right now is a mouse player.

Tablet has few advantages over mouse, like absolute positioning and tablet doesn't have one of the biggest mouse weaknesses "mouse drift", that's pretty much it though, other stuff go under personal preference.

So yea, you can get good with any device. Choose device that you'll enjoy playing with more and play more.
Implojin
tablet has one huge advantage that mouse doesn't:

you can download art programs like krita and start drawing

don't listen to these silly people talking about circle clicking
tamura
Tablet is recommended, since your mouse grip can drift away in game. Try to find a grip and an area that suits your hand and don't change your area frequently. Just what I recommend.
Piscius
whatever