forum

Failed at stream practice...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bassp
I don't know why, but when I try to practice streams, I try to go for the burn feeling that, you know, normally comes from muscle building. but for whatever reason I don't get that feeling and I can't go any faster than 153bpm on deathstream, tensing forearm doesn't make my finger move faster one bit, and my finger just goes 153 bpm forever without getting tired. I honestly have no idea what to do anymore... I feel like I just can't improve. Is someone else having the same situation? I've tried one time to stream 153 bpm for 1 hour straight without stop(using the stream benchmark website) and I didn't improve at all even after 2 months of straight-up stream practice. I don't know the technique to force my finger to go faster than 153 stable deathstream speed. Can someone help me like(I know it sounds weird) exhaust my finger so I can start building muscles?

Do you guys think I have some type of dormant muscle issue that I should be concerned about? something that causes weakness and unable to build up speed? I have really bulky fingers from playing alot of piano and violin when I was little. but they don't seem to help me speed up my streams...
KupcaH
You should play >=160 bpm BURST maps first. Not deathstream maps.
Topic Starter
Bassp
yeah... I can burst really fast
around 200 to 230 depending on the number of notes...
just...
the moment the notes exceeds around 7-8, my finger locks in at 153bpm
like there is some type of devilish internal clock churning it at 153bpm.
KupcaH
Just keep practicing >160bpm >8 note bursts and you'll get it. Streaming takes a lot of time to get good at. And forget about these long ass stream maps for now. It's much better to play maps that have different patterns.
UnnamedBeast
only way to improve is to play easier long stream maps (4* and stuff) until you can acc that really well