forum

a-ha - Take On Me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alvieee
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on pondělí 14. ledna 2019 at 6:08:56

Artist: a-ha
Title: Take On Me
Tags: HydroCannon13
BPM: 168,61
Filesize: 6084kb
Play Time: 03:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. Axtr-ha (5,69 stars, 681 notes)
  2. Extra (5,67 stars, 689 notes)
  3. HC's Hard (3,01 stars, 502 notes)
  4. Insane (4,5 stars, 605 notes)
  5. Normal (2,09 stars, 307 notes)
Download: a-ha - Take On Me
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
hello :3
Normal - Alvieee
HC's Hard - Vespirit (previously HydroCannon13)
Insane - Alvieee
Extra - Alvieee
Axtr-ha - Alvieee
Shii
I can't really give you any specifics because I myself am not a particularly good mapper, and its late at night for me.
I think you've focused far too much on jumps, which a lot of them not having any need to be there, and there's little to no use of spacing to emphasise certain notes.
I also found it hard to track which part of the soundtrack - vocals, background, foreground - you were mapping, and had to rely on the usage of sliders and jumps to indicate such changes, though this isn't necessarily a bad thing.
My recommendation is to steer away from all the erratic jumps, as they don't often make sense with the rhythm or part of the song.
Difficulty curve is rather great, going from very easy at the beginning to much harder prior to the first chorus.
All in all, it's not a terrible mapping, it just doesn't quite work well enough.
Keep it up and you'll get there!

Have a great day!
jamin
tbh old extra was better.
WizradFG
One thing I might recommend is perhaps switching colors when you're switching between mapping different parts? I understand how it matches the background, but it might make the map a little bit more user-friendly, and the colors would pop against the background you have in place. Really nice job though!!!