forum

[Archived] Starting Slider Circle Visual Problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deasway
I've been seeing a strange visual glitch in some of the skins I'm using and I'm wondering whether anyone else has encountered this before. A search through the forums leads me to think probably not.

Description:
The beginning circle of any slider looks jagged, as if two differently sized circles are on the same note. I've experienced this with two unrelated skins that (according to the screenshots) are NOT supposed to be like this.

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/N9uLpFO

What I've Tried:
I've tried to delete/rename some of the files that I thought were causing the problem, mainly sliderstartcircle and sliderstartcircleoverlay, but I'm not experienced with skinning and nothing I tried work.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
P.S. I'm on Mac.

Solution Update:
I fixed the problem by updating my osu to the latest version. In addition, I got some cool new features lol.
RockRoller
Delete all sliderstart and sliderendcircle files from you skin.
Topic Starter
Deasway

RockRoller wrote:

Delete all sliderstart and sliderendcircle files from you skin.

Thanks for replying. Tried it but it didn't work :(. For reference, one of the skins I'm using is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nn9gwk1bk1ejnsy/azer8midnight+chitanda+edit.osk.
Lyawi
Doesn't happen to me in the skin you sent above.
The circles in your screenshot look sized correctly, but positioned bad and I'm not sure if a skin would cause this.

What's your osu! version? (This is usually written in the thread when creating, seems like you deleted this line)
Does this happen on other resolutions ?
Topic Starter
Deasway

Lyawi wrote:

Doesn't happen to me in the skin you sent above.
The circles in your screenshot look sized correctly, but positioned bad and I'm not sure if a skin would cause this.

What's your osu! version? (This is usually written in the thread when creating, seems like you deleted this line)
Does this happen on other resolutions ?

Thanks for replying. My current version is b20160403.6. I'm using wineskin to run osu on my mac. I tried all the given resolutions, none of them seemed to fix the problem.
show more