forum

[Archived] Osu won't open after enabling compatibility mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kireina
I was having some frames issues while running osu and playing, and clicked enable compatibility mode under the fps section of options, after this osu close and I am now not able to open osu at all, instead being met with this https://gyazo.com/7f50493cef1348b893605ef7e582ec4f (can't find the name of intel icd opengl driver) upon trying to relaunch quickly followed by https://gyazo.com/93a35f6331bd00381373c2eeba62df73 (crash report). Can someone help me resolve this? I have tried pressing the restart but am just met with the same message mentioned above
Doge Owner
Open the repair tool on your osu! folder, if you can't find it just hold shift and double tap on the osu! logo from your desktop that'll open repair tool, from there you should see an option that says Renderer: Compatibility Mode uncheck it and you should be good to go. (spoiler)
Topic Starter
Kireina

Doge Owner wrote:

Open the repair tool on your osu! folder, if you can't find it just hold shift and double tap on the osu! logo from your desktop that'll open repair tool, from there you should see an option that says Renderer: Compatibility Mode uncheck it and you should be good to go. (spoiler)

If I try and open the repair it displays the same error message as above
Death

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.

I'd highly recommend just updating your drivers, but you can follow the last part of that quote if you really just want to disable compatibility mode instead.
YYZ
If you have nvidia you can open NVIDIA control panel, manage 3d settings, open GL-rendering GPU (set to auto). hope that help,s also what death said ^^^
[Trz] Zulsramno
Hey bro, do this. Open ur osu! folder and go in the file named "osu!.[your name], and search the option named "ComptabilityContext". Change it to 0 and save the file. Then start osu!.
Thanks me later.
Death

Zulsramno wrote:

Hey bro, do this. Open ur osu! folder and go in the file named "osu!.[your name], and search the option named "ComptabilityContext". Change it to 0 and save the file. Then start osu!.
Thanks me later.
This is what I wrote a week ago, 2 posts up nearly verbatim.
show more