forum

Freedom Fighters (CANCELED)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bokeru

Hello There!

Xandit here, coming to you with a new tournament (That will actually get badges), And this new one's theme is:

That's right!

A full on Standard, Score V2 tourney, hosted by yours truly, with the Seasonal, Drawn out approach!
Info is hidden in the boxes listed here!

(Also it's Single Elim this time, until we get the staff needed for double)

Signing Up!

If you want to join the tourney, you must fill out the form for the time sign ups are open.

Player server!!: https://discord.gg/72S2dVr

Staff Sign ups! (We need This!!): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfe9D-uXH3RwLGxxSpt9L6wH3kgAEYQTqE3WFT9J-w6YHfEOg/viewform?usp=pp_url

Schedule
NOTE: THESE TIMES ARE IN EASTERN AMERICAN TIME
Signups Open October 1, 2018
Signups Close November 9, 2018
Qualifiers November 10, 2018 (5:00 P.M) To November 15, 2018 (5:00 A.M.)
Round 1 November 16, 2018 to November 20
Round 2 November 21, 2018 to November 24
Quarterfinals November 25, 2018 to November 28
Semifinals November 29, 2018 to December 4, 2018
Finals December 5, 2018, to December 10, 2018

Tiers
Tiers are a way to separate players in a way that's fair, while letting a lot of people participate in something. If you are in a rank range below, you are qualified to battle against people on your tier!
Novice: #500,000 - #300,000
Intermediate: #275,000 - #100,000
Advanced: #75,000 - #50,000
Expert: #45,000 - #10,000
Extreme: #7,500 - #3,500

Tourney Progression and Rules
Setup
Find the player you were matched up with and play against them in the specific rules and listings below in discord
Banning System (Rotate every round)
p2: Ban (x2)
p1: Ban (x2)
Both: roll
Higher roller: counter pick

Next round: Higher Roller rotates with lower roller
lower roller: counter pick (with higher roller's bans)
Reset if round not finished, making sure that you don't ban the same thing twice.

How Qualifying Rounds Work
During the time in qualifying rounds, you have to play against as many people as possible in a 1v1, first to three match. The first to win each battle will receive a point in a non-public document. The top 16 players who were tallied up during the time will move on to brackets. Report scores directly to any of the tourney organizers, and it will be added to your total. At the end of the qualifying rounds, the winners will be revealed.

How Brackets work
During Brackets (Which is randomly seeded), you must battle against your opponent in a 1st to 5 battle, and whoever wins gets to move on. semis and Finals are first to 7 points.

Inactivity
If someone you are going against in brackets never battle you during each round, If you prove that you were ready to battle, that person could be disqualified from the match.

Mappool
Yet to be decided!!

Prizes
Also yet to be decided!!

SiYes
7500-5000 is a very small range, sad for low 4 digits people. And you're forgetting 10k-7500 too
Topic Starter
bokeru
Fixed. There's a gap in every tier tho soo
FogsFles
During the time in qualifying rounds, you have to play against as many people as possible in a 1v1, first to three match.

What does this mean? do i need to find opponents myself? Can i decline people asking me? Is there a group? What's the deal here
Topic Starter
bokeru

FogsFles wrote:

During the time in qualifying rounds, you have to play against as many people as possible in a 1v1, first to three match.

What does this mean? do i need to find opponents myself? Can i decline people asking me? Is there a group? What's the deal here

You fight against as many people as you can in your tier, each match being a 1v1, to a first of three.

You really can't decline unless you have a reason to (Examples being homework, scheduling, etc.)

The group is the tier you are in. You can only fight people in that tier
Binchulu
Interesting, count me in.
Topic Starter
bokeru
UPDATE: Anyone who has blocked anyone that aren't friends on discord won't be able to recive the invite link, so if you would pleas TURN IT OFF!!
newme96
I'm confused is this a standard mode competition.
dqwed

Xandit wrote:

UPDATE: Anyone who has blocked anyone that aren't friends on discord won't be able to recive the invite link, so if you would pleas TURN IT OFF!!

How do you turn it off?
Topic Starter
bokeru

dqwed wrote:

Xandit wrote:

How do you turn it off?

I don't know

newme96 wrote:

I'm confused is this a standard mode competition.

Yes it is
dqwed
Then can't we just get a discord link on the page
SoupAPlayer
Can't wait to participate :^)
Kneesokkusu
tfw we still don't get discord links.
Topic Starter
bokeru
https://discord.gg/72S2dVr here it is.

darndoods
Topic Starter
bokeru
bunp
Dirty_We
is there a discord for the tourney? I dont see one in the post
Fummi
Oh count me in boi
Topic Starter
bokeru

Dirty_We wrote:

is there a discord for the tourney? I dont see one in the post
LOOK AT THE THREAD
Topic Starter
bokeru
Bunp
Topic Starter
bokeru
AAnotha bump
Topic Starter
bokeru
I have to do this every day to keep my tourney at the top of the page-
Topic Starter
bokeru
ew
MrStelpan1
bump
Topic Starter
bokeru
fdsa
Alpama
Discord server got taken down?
Topic Starter
bokeru
Canceled.
At this point I have lost motivation to do this.
Civil oath
QAQ
SoupAPlayer
rip tourney
Yumbtah
UwU
show more