forum

[Archived] Eye Strain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TreyBoI
Everyone knows that in the top teir maps, if you blink, you're done for. Recently my eyes have been straining, even only after 5 minutes of playing osu and I start to cry and I have to close my eyes for a good 15 seconds to hydrate my eyes. Is there a setting in Osu of in the Nvidia control panel which can turn on some sort of night shift like on the iphone? Any answers or solution is appreciated.
Death
There is no setting like that built into osu!. I believe the best you can do with Nvidia control panel is changing the video color settings/gamma manually.

There are other applications that do this though. I believe the most popular one is f.lux, although it is known to cause some performance issues with osu!. There is an alternative called LightBulb that is supposed to do the same thing as f.lux without causing performance issues. It is also made by an osu! player to my knowledge, or at least someone that has played the game before.

Apparently many monitors also have individual settings for helping eye strain as well. You may need to Google on your own for that though.
PancakesRan
I had the same exact problem. What fixed my eye strain was changing my skin. After changing my skin for a week I went back to the skin that strained my eyes. After I changed to the eye-straining skin my eyes didn't strain anymore.