forum

[Archived] I think there’s something wrong with my osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CosmoProject
So I have recently had a lot of problems with osu. Every so often I get logged out of my account and when I get logged back in, all my songs are marked as unplayed and 1 or 2 of my scores get deleted

A new thing that’s been happening is that my collections will get deleted, every single one!

Now I’ve looked it up and most people are saying to delete something from the game files but theres nothing like that on my laptop.
If someone could help me I would be so grateful.
Doge Owner
Try changing your password, sounds like someone is using your account.
Death
What did you look up that said to delete stuff from your game files?

Doge Owner wrote:

Try changing your password, sounds like someone is using your account.
Someone else using your account would not affect things that are stored locally, such as replays and played/unplayed maps.
SomeCasual

CosmoProject wrote:

So I have recently had a lot of problems with osu. Every so often I get logged out of my account and when I get logged back in, all my songs are marked as unplayed and 1 or 2 of my scores get deleted

A new thing that’s been happening is that my collections will get deleted, every single one!

Now I’ve looked it up and most people are saying to delete something from the game files but theres nothing like that on my laptop.
If someone could help me I would be so grateful.

Does it, also say "Disconnected"? and then later on you will be reconnected? If, so. I will maybe leave this part to someone else because I get the same thing some times. My thought on what it can be is an internet connection problem. Although someone else might give the right answer.
Topic Starter
CosmoProject
To answer all your questions I have just changed my password because I forgot my old one,

I don't remember what website told me to delete something from my osu file and I can't find it now, but I know there were varied recommendations to delete a file called .bak and stuff like that.

and no I never get a disconnected message, i just go on and I'm logged out
Death
You probably read something that said to delete "osu!.db". Deleting this will mark all of your maps as unplayed 100%, but it may stop some other issues. Sounds like you are having some weird issues with your "osu!.pcname.cfg" file if you are getting logged out of your account too. Perhaps you have something modifying your files that you don't know about?
show more