forum

[resolved] osu! Will Not Open at All

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tirado
Problem Details:
Yesterday, osu! started 100% fine until later in the day where it would crash occasionally. Rate of crashes became more frequent so I updated to cutting edge. Now, osu!, and osu!installer won't open. When opening osu! it would show up in Task Manager for about a second and then immediately close. I then removed osu! from the Local folder and tried reinstalling it but osu!installer has the same problem.

osu!lazer had the same problem despite working before but I managed to fix it by clearing the osu folder in Roaming.

osu!fallback installer works fine though, and osu!fallback itself opens fine.

I updated my graphics drivers to the latest version, and I have the latest .NET framework, but it still doesn't work. I've also restarted my computer multiple times, using actual shut down and restart.

Computer Setup if Needed
CPU: Ryzen 5 1400
GPU: Powercolor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 470
RAM: 1x8 DDR4 2400 MHz
HDD: 1 TB 7200RPM HDD
MOBO: MSI B350M Gaming PRO

I got 3 results for when I searched osu!
Event Viewer 1
osu!install.exe
5b6dc064
clr.dll
5b554329
c0000006
000257b8
01d44dd6a9f23f38
C:\Users\CubedInverted\Desktop\osu!go\osu!install.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
0c6803fd-ba81-47c0-a142-b81075a1d9f5

(it says osu!go folder but that's the because I tried osu!go to see if it would work and then after redownloaded the osu!install in the same directory)
Event Viewer 2
Application: osu!install.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException at #=zTc_SZXhHZLYYdltEUQ==.#=zNurpsLU=() at #=qz$Yhyd1L8z65CI_GmNeMew$9bkUJ$5A$Oxrj06Aears=.#=zLDrWKZY=()
Event Viewer 3
C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\System.Windows.Forms\affc3e051964b461369226dfc6cccd4a\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll
osu!
C0000242
Death

jppz wrote:

and I have the latest .NET framework
Can you try repairing your .NET framework?
Ryuo
I have the exact same problem. I tried pretty much everything. I wrote to the support team but the suggestions they gave didn't fix it for me.
Death

Ryuo wrote:

I have the exact same problem. I tried pretty much everything. I wrote to the support team but the suggestions they gave didn't fix it for me.
Unless your logs look identical to the ones in the original post, your issue is probably different. Please make a new thread with your runtime.log and any logs in your event viewer. Please also include what you've already tried.
Topic Starter
Tirado

Death wrote:

Can you try repairing your .NET framework?
Apparently .NET Framework comes installed with Windows 10 OS (I have the latest version), so I can't uninstall it. I've tried using the .NET Framework Repair Tool, to no avail. I've also tried going into Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program -> Turn Windows features on or off, unchecked both the .NET Framework 4.7 and 3.5 box, restarted, turned it on again (Windows Update told me it had to download new files to repair), and then restarted again and it still didn't work.

Is there any other way to repair/reinstall .NET framework?
Topic Starter
Tirado
I ended up just resetting my PC now it plays fine.