forum

What kinda shit is Score V2??!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Venome
so today i took a closer look at score v2 and I gotta say...
how it this fkng bullshit even a thing......... Its so stupid and especially the slider accuracy is going to destroy basically every tech map?!!? what about the current score system isnt good enough to stay in the game? I just dont understand why it needs to be changed in this shitty way and to be honest osu! probably wouldnt even be that much fun anymore if this system would be in the game -.-
FreetStyle
If score v2 replace the actual score system i'll quit this game.

I don't know if this could really be a thing tho, i don't see many people complaining about it but im pretty sure lots of people would dislike it too
Nao Tomori
mad
Anemic Witch
git gud at the gaem
Akanagi
it really sux
Rynnavinx

FreetStyle wrote:

ok bye lol

Venome wrote:

I just dont understand why it needs to be changed in this shitty way

combo based scoring is ugly
Solarys
sliderhead leniency was never meant to be in the game in the first place xd
tatatat
Maybe if you played maps that weren't pp maps you'd get better at the game and stop complaining.
tatatat

Radiant Rayv wrote:

FreetStyle wrote:

ok bye lol

Venome wrote:

I just dont understand why it needs to be changed in this shitty way
combo based scoring is ugly
I agree, combo based scoring is horrible. A single miss ruins a play.
7ambda
i have bad acc

ngl, v1 is pretty shit
FreetStyle
Every time i see the same answers about this topic.

"git gud" "it was never meant to be there" "it sucks because if you miss once your play is ruined"

Even if it was never meant to be there, now it's part of the game and after so many years some maps are entierely based on this.

Telling people to get good at something that isn't necessary in the game is kinda dumb imo, especially when one of the other points of "score v2 is so cool" is "i'm not good enough to not miss once on maps".

To me score v2 is just some kind of excuse to make it look like the game is "alive" (i'm not saying it's dead) and because most people like changes in games (like meta stuff in many games that changes every couple of weeks) and this doesn't fit a game like osu! IMO
DroidBass
Chill , It won't replace officially the actual scoring system, because of being an already declined petition.

It's more a tool to evaluate better teams in tournaments because usually in previous OWC's happened a lot that ONE PLAYER carried the whole team because of being the only one that didn't miss the whole map. In score V2 one player can no longer carry 3 teammates alike that on there mashing is a more risky move because on score V2 accuracy matters a lot more than on actual score system.

Only good things of score v2 is not overrating HD's scores and giving fair multiplicator for DTHR plays... which usually are terribly underrated in the actual score system. But as said, it will be used only in certain tournaments. You have nothing to worry about.
NixXSkate

Solarys wrote:

sliderhead leniency was never meant to be in the game in the first place xd
shoulda fixed it 11 years ago then xd
Anemic Witch
On a serious note: scorev2 is still heavily combo dependant. It just adds much more room for accuracy players while making it harder to acc at the same time. It allows everyone to easily compare plays based on score because it pretty much acts like %-from-maximum. The only problem scorev2 has right now is over weighted spinners.

And, I feel, the only problem people have with scorev2 is "hurr durr can't acc sliders shit system"
NixXSkate

Anemic Witch wrote:

The only problem scorev2 has right now is over weighted spinners.
That's one of the few things I like about it, spinners are usually underweighted
Lefafel
mad cuz bad

Maybe learn to play sliders properly, lmao
show more