forum

best keyboard to get?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Billieilish
I've been playing osu for the past month or too, and I am really getting into it. I am going to get an osu!tablet when they finally restock the store, and I don't know which keyboard to get. I come from an fps background, and I have a Roccat Isku keyboard. This one has worked great for me, but I find it hard to stream. I was thinking about getting a corsair k70 because of the lower activation distance, but I would like to hear more from the community first. What do you think of my keyboard, and would you recommend that I spend this money?
Jukkii
Keyboard models dont actually have to do with actuation distances or anything, but the switch types do.

Basically, what you like is best, however browns and reds are regarded as the best ones. Reds are linear all the way through but browns have a small bump in them. I use browns.
Paneiru
The K70 is a good choice, but to be honest, any mechanical keyboard that fits your needs would be fine. Some things to consider would be:
  1. Type of mechanical switch (most common one being Cherry MX reds which is used in the K70, but i also think browns and blacks are also viable. I've used browns, reds, blacks and blues and i find reds, browns and blacks all quite nice)
  2. Full keyboard with numpad or without (tenkeyless)
  3. Build quality (try to find out wheter the keyboard you want to buy has any known issues)
  4. Price
  5. Extra buttons for macros with dedicated software with media keys
If you think your current keyboard is already sufficient for everyday use and other games, then maybe you should consider something like a keypad specifically made for osu like this one I recently bought t/527542. It's relatively cheap and it ships with red, blue, brown and black switches which lets you test all of them if you don't know which Cherry MX switch you like the most.
Oi252
I have a Razer BlackWidow, but I can't say I recommend it for Osu. The keys feel a little too heavy, and I can't quite lightly tap them and have them register the click, which makes streaming difficult. It hurts my fingers after extended play sessions.
Rurree
Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L or S is probably the best choice you could get if you don't mind not having media keys as long as you could still access them with FN key, comes with RGB too. If you don't need the RGB, you could get the M (which is like the Quickfire TK but in a standard layout which means you could easily switch out the key caps for better ones like PBT) or the L non-RGB version, because I don't think there's an S (TKL) one with non-RGB.

It's priced lower, has better build quality switch-wise, and overall feels better than the Corsair. I personally dislike Corsair boards due to the scratchiness of the switch and the aluminum plate, since it can get scratched and get dirty easily. The layout isn't standard too so you wouldn't be able to change the key caps any time soon, especially that the key caps it comes with is laser etched ABS key caps which are shit.
Llahmah 2
There are some more expensive options and tons of switch types, but I use and recommend the corsair strafe. It's cheaper than the k70, but no fancy built in volume mixer or anything. Also mx reds, Ik that people will say that browns are also good but for me the bump felt nasty. But try both if you can.
TakuMii
Paneiru

TakuMii wrote:

LK Optical Blue or go home
I would honestly have bought this already if it would be possible to get it with Norwegian layout.
yujin19_DELETED1
my favs:
outemu ice teal
cherry mx black
gateron green
membrane

this is how you gain stamina
dats de wae
OneTrueDuceOK
CM Master Masterkey is one of the best you can get.

If you dont have too much budget, a mechanic keypad also works too.
Tboneq
Pick keyboard with red/brown/speed switches. Keyboards must pass 4 compulsory warriants(4th is optional):
- durability
- comfort
- price
- lighting and macros

K70 is good keyboard. I'm using k95 and the feels are same as on the k70(k95 has better multimedial keys and has macro keys)

If you don't want to buy an expensive keyboard, I recommend youbas an example the lenovo y gaming mechanical switch keyboard. This keyboard has everything same as k95. It has red kailh switches and lighting is red(price is 220 pln in my country so about 51€ or 59$)

Just look for the keyboard that fits you the most.
Akanagi
Ducky Shine 6 / Ducky One

I had a K70 until a few months later I had a keyreg issue and bought a new one.
Now using Shine 6 and Ducky One and the general feel and build seems much greater. The K70 keys felt a bit slippery in comparison and the fonts look pretty bad, too imo.
My Ducky keyboards have lasted me longer now than the K70 and again come with a more premium feel and sturdier build. (Feels like a brick on the table, in a good sense)

That being said mechanical keyboards don't differ too much. The only thing that set them apart are keycaps, switches and the overall build, but you're still getting what you're looking for with any kind of mechanical keyboard. But if you don't care to spend a bit more, I'd buy a Ducky One instead of a K70.