posted
Total Posts
show more
keremaru
likes "not osu" on their userpage.
11/10
Achromalia

Perfection wrote:

how do you identify scale by JUST LISTENING to a song wtf??
you're magical
If you've had enough time around different chords and harmonics, you can memorize and get a better sense of what compliments them and the different directions you can take them.

Unfortunately I'm not too great at notation and I dont read sheet music but I kinda somehow just... know what can work with a song, I guess.

It's called "Perfect Pitch" or something, but the way I do it, it's only working with "Relative Pitch" and using muscle memory from songs I've played or made when playing the piano. I'm not skilled or have trained enough to have attained Perfect Pitch, that's fucking hard to do, especially with chords.

I work with what notes I know best, and move around to get a sense of what the notes I'm thinking of really are.

ALSO WTF, I KEEP SLEEPING TOO EARLY OR WAKING UP TOO LATE, OR I'M AT SCHOOL, AND WE CAN'T TALK TO EACH OTHER AND IT'S JUST US SAYING HI BACK AND FORTH TRYING TO SEE IF MAYBE WE GOT THERE IN TIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

OT: is a no-profile-page boi
Orofil
The fact that you are the forum games overlord.
Achromalia
A pretty casual person, it seems.

They've got a nice avatar too.
DJ Enetro
I just have a lot of respect for what he’s been able to do all while he has problems going on.
CatzerTM
seems like a very chill and assertive person
keremaru
climbed to the very top of the Jamaican CTB ranks in less than a year. good job.
Ender Lain
CTB OwO
Achromalia
Makes music as Remember9 occasionally. Is working towards improvement, it seems.
keremaru
memorable on fg, with music producer and mouse-only as possible resume pointers.
Rizevim
his personality i guess
Achromalia
a decent person, but since not much else is known, that's about it.
Edgar_Figaro
Doesn’t change username or pfp often. (No sarcasm, I honestly prefer people to keep it the same, which is why I don’t change mine)
keremaru
seems like a nice person.
DJ Enetro
こちらの方の出身はハワイだから、彼が好きだ
(I like him because he is from Hawaii.)
Edgar_Figaro
One of the people who was really active when I first joined OT
DJ Enetro
I like (his/her?) tolerant personality
45Traeath
Your efforts.

Although, you're making me worried.
DJ Enetro
Is a polyglot and actively translates for a living (if i’m not mistaken).

45Traeath wrote:

Although, you're making me worried.

What about my working towards that Japan trip in my sig are you worried about?
Refills

DJ Enetro wrote:

What about my working towards that Japan trip in my sig are you worried about?

That scares me. aaaaaa

idk your profile pic is good
45Traeath
Answer's in the box.
I don't usually post after 2 players, but Jax and my elbow (ref.: Status Update), gave me the occasion to do so. Here's a Like for you ( '-')b

So... Back to the (off-topic[.kek]) conversation.
As mentioned in my signature, I do translate things, but only as a hobby. More exactly, I do it either on a whim or I felt like doing it to broaden my mind upon finishing the work.
As much as I do take the lang' barrier issue seriously, and as I'd like to get a job around that, I'm just mostly afraid of the work environment I'll be in, should I find one. I wouldn't like it too stiff.

Anyway, the point of what I said.
The game wants Player 2 to state one thing they like about Player 1.

DJ Enetro wrote:

こちらの方の出身はハワイだから、彼が好きだ
(I like him because he is from Hawaii.)
What's after the comma makes the sentence tell that you like them, for this trait, instead of saying that you simply like this trait of theirs.
You're not wrong in the whole translation and the Jap' wording at all though. Just, wrong by a :roll: line invisible for some of us.
My version of the phrase, in order to tell the wanted latter, would be like this:

DJ Enetro Lv.+1 wrote:

こ{ちら}の方の出身地*(が/は)ハワイという所<ところ>が好き[です/だ]
{I put this part between this because the interlocutor would understand the subject either way}
*You might want to look into "出身", to see why I added 'chi' (地)
(I'm still hesitating between these two in such situation, but I'd go with the former)
<This word is pronounced 'tokoro', as written next>
[Both are correct too, but on a personal level, I'd use the former]

Doom, working on this message on the phone from 2:20AM to 3:45AM...
Drafts are really saving when you need to check some other things to prevent auto' refresh.

EDIT: I don't think I properly answered the question about my worrying.
In short, because there's a lot of "thin lines" to consider, especially hidden in the words we use, in whichever language.
DJ Enetro
Half "enjoying life".
MisakiTobisawa-

[ - Jax - ] wrote:

idk your profile pic is good

^
Calamari
I like Singapore. Out of all South-East Asian countries, Singapore was the nicest to visit.
MisakiTobisawa-
Oh, you've been to Singapore? What did you like best?

The person above has visited my country and thinks it's a great place (what I like about the person above me)
Achromalia
At least they're more open about their decisions.
Edgar_Figaro
Has managed to stay active in OT for a long time. Thought they were just latest spam and leave after a month person but they’ve stuck around
45Traeath
Them 9999pp...
It's just ovER NIne, ThouSAAAnd!!
keremaru
most direct and qualitative signature i've seen so far, aside from enetro's weeb approximation levels.
Li77L3
The pfp owo
Edgar_Figaro
That they are a Taiko player
DJ Enetro
His goal (however unrealistic) to make an “all modes” World Cup.

45Traeath, I’m not quite sure what 「という」 means. If if does mean “to say”, then I’m wondering if that is normally written with only kana.

I also am not sure about how 「という」 + noun works. Some example sentences (say, at least 3) would be nice.
Shii
This guy mapped, and didn't quit immediately, which is neato

edit: words
Achromalia
Nekopara avatar.

...a little superficial, but I thought Nekopara was cool at some point.
CatzerTM
somewhat has a similar personality
Achromalia
they've likely endured quite a bit as well.

hopefully they get to enjoy a good part of their life.
45Traeath
"Surviving."
DJ Enetro
フランス人です
(He’s French. Nationality-wise ofc.)
TeeArctic1
Skill in languages
Achromalia
a fuckin cool penguin
show more