forum

why top player on mania have low play count ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aafi
hi there :D

me just a newbie.
SPOILER
just play one mode and rarely see forum, even though i already play 5 years
as i know from term of popularity
it seem osu and mania have very much player compare to taiko and ctb
SPOILER
(on youtube or multi player or many other place i look)
[this is very subjective though] [ because i don't have benchmark to calculate it ] [maybe if osu team or peppy say it, that different story]

but why top mania player have significanly low play count compare to other mode ?
SPOILER
this comparison or if you back form the future consider to see your self on leader board
SPOILER
what do you think, is this because broken pp system or
the mania player is just so talented (and they don't even need to try to get some pp)
or it mean mania player have more live to do than the rest player (elite people have different lifestyle)
or it just coincidence
or it because mania attract different player base, and therefore different equipment and better pp gain (compare many other that only have potato pc include me T_T)
or it because mania exclusively featured on osu mode so it input latency lower made many player play more better (some youtube video show a trick )
and many more . . . ( wild imagination he he he xD )
or it just me asking something stupid

maybe i can read this , this and this to understand more about mania, how mania player may have different play habit
or maybe you can suggest me to read some other article or forum

SPOILER
sorry for asking if you don't like it
maybe this text can just be my typing training session
i don't know if this right forum to ask something like this
thank for reading.... i think :)
don't mean to make argue between osu mode player
let's make osu! forum better :)
Many of top players were (or still are) players of game like Beatmania, O2Jam or other games similar to mania.
[I87
Many people like SillyFanGirl have played Stepmania prier. (Yes, even though he has 347 hours as of posting this comment) and just like said before Beatmania, 02Jam.
[LS]PositoniX
many good osu!mania players played other games before osu!mania, like me.
Laurencia
go play SM for 4k
go play BMS/o2jam for 7k
powaful3000
other vsrg + unranked maps
-Osamu

aafi wrote:

hi there :D

me just a newbie.
SPOILER
just play one mode and rarely see forum, even though i already play 5 years

as i know from term of popularity
it seem osu and mania have very much player compare to taiko and ctb
SPOILER
(on youtube or multi player or many other place i look)
[this is very subjective though] [ because i don't have benchmark to calculate it ] [maybe if osu team or peppy say it, that different story]

but why top mania player have significanly low play count compare to other mode ?
SPOILER
this comparison or if you back form the future consider to see your self on leader board

SPOILER
what do you think, is this because broken pp system or
the mania player is just so talented (and they don't even need to try to get some pp)
or it mean mania player have more live to do than the rest player (elite people have different lifestyle)
or it just coincidence
or it because mania attract different player base, and therefore different equipment and better pp gain (compare many other that only have potato pc include me T_T)
or it because mania exclusively featured on osu mode so it input latency lower made many player play more better (some youtube video show a trick )
and many more . . . ( wild imagination he he he xD )
or it just me asking something stupid

maybe i can read this , this and this to understand more about mania, how mania player may have different play habit
or maybe you can suggest me to read some other article or forum

SPOILER
sorry for asking if you don't like it
maybe this text can just be my typing training session
i don't know if this right forum to ask something like this
thank for reading.... i think :)
don't mean to make argue between osu mode player
let's make osu! forum better :)

Most of them came from VSRGs like o2jam, stepmania, etc. Not only that but they also play many unranked maps which don't count on osu's website.