forum

Commentating Tournaments?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deflateddolphin
I just had a really random question. Does anyone understand how the OWC or any other major tournament have their commentators seeing the games happen at the exact same time in order to commentate together, while none of them are the ones controlling the stream/ tournament client, at least as far as I know?
abraker
still trying to grasp what that question is trying to ask. Try paraphrasing in a less run-on kind of sentence.
Topic Starter
deflateddolphin

abraker wrote:

still trying to grasp what that question is trying to ask. Try paraphrasing in a less run-on kind of sentence.

I just wanna know how the commentators watch the game. Whether that be through one of them with a tournament client and the rest screenshare, or if all of the commentators use their own tournament client.

I read over the original post and I just realized it doesn't make much sense, sorry about that xd
abraker
I put my bets on the tournament client
BrexIsFat
Sorry but i think this thread belongs in the off-topic section (no offense)

For my knowledge i believe the commentators sees the games happen at the exact same time while there is usually an observer controlling the stream client.
WalterToro
First I will move this into Gameplay & Rankings because its osu related.

Now for the question, depends on the staff of the tournament, but most tournaments uses the tournament client option because its faster but has a cost, you need supporter to use it (A limitation to evade multiple connections)

On the other hand, using 1 tournament client to stream to the streamers and the public is also a good option, but depends on the power of your pc and your internet connection.
NightNarumi
There are buffer timer options in the tournament client. As long as those options are the same with every user using the tournament client, everyone will be watching at the exact same time (unless problems occur, but there is an useful panic button on the client that you can use).
With that being said, every tournament where I have staffed in as a streamer, has the streamer and commentators looking at their own separate tournament clients and I assume that the OWC works the same way or at least similar to what the community tournaments do

I hope this answers your question
show more