forum

[Archived] Mouse spin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ajomajoful
So I play with mouse, does anybody can give some advice how to do spinners easier/accurate/better? maybe reduce sensitivity or some other tips to improve at this?

What i noticed when i'm doing the cursor in-game is moving in ellipse even if i do clearly circles and it slowly moves downward making me always replace my hand upper which of course cause me to stop a little and I get a miss. of course i tried do it slower, then everything goes fine, but I can't keep up to clear it in time.

I play only little over half year, and it started be a problem when I moved to ~3.5 stars and above. Normally playing I do around 200-250rpm. The only way for me to pass it harder maps and fc is to pause and go berserk spin mode where it's easy to go up to 600.. and then pause again to grab mouse properly to play normal again... but it's annoying to do that and can't enjoy game by its truly.

so yea 3+ stars was a problem, and now i'm going for some 4star maps and it's impossible playing normally, especially with those random wild 0,5s long spins.

I tried to download those spin only maps to train, but no use.

Also beside this, sometimes 'miss' doesn't count up, is this a bug just for me?
in the accurate bar in lower screen part (not sure how it calls) it shows that I missed and i know that i missed, I lose combo, (it even plays "miss" sound) but "miss" doesn't count and in the end it still says FC. i have some maps where I got like 200 combo with S rank with "0 miss" while 300+ combo with 2-3 miss and B rank (same beatmap~).
also there is similar to that - in that accurate bar it shows all hits perfect, but I get 100 or 50 points..
Doge Owner
This belongs to Gameplay & Rankings.
Death
It's possible to break combo without actually missing if you miss a slider tick. This will result in a 100 instead of a miss.

As for improving on spinning. You probably just need to practice more, you haven't been playing for a very long time. I've seen mouse players spin with super high sensitivity and DPI, but I've also seen an equal amount of people spin well with a mid to low sensitivity and DPI.

Stay close to the center of the spinner and try to control your spin.
show more