forum

[Archived] High ms Huion H420 only on osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kankei-
i have high ms when open osu, i need exit the software (HUION software), and then open it again after that my ms back to normal ( 0 - 3ms). i try close the software but i cant move my cursor with pen tablet when HUION software closed. anyone can help me? i tired re-open HUION software every time i want play osu (after a few minute or Alt + Tab application that high ms back and i need re-open HUION software).
this only happen to osu!.

high ms : https://imgur.com/VV4a5JQ
my huion software : https://imgur.com/LQ1MdgZ

i use HUION h-420.
Death
Reinstall the software.
Topic Starter
Kankei-

Death wrote:

Reinstall the software.

already reinstal 2 times. even i try reinstal this driver. but unfortunely can't fix it. any solution?
Doge Owner
Try a different version.
Death
It looks like you have some soft of v-sync enabled to be honest. Does it sit at 17ms consistently, or does it go above that? I'm not sure if it's actually your tablet's software that is causing issues to be honest.

It also looks like you have quite a few other programs open in the background. Try closing them and playing without the game open. Make sure they are completely closed and not just minimized to your system tray, I see a few applications that like to do that (*cough* Discord *cough*).
Andrea
Another thing that I would like to mention is also to add osu! to the exceptions of your anti-virus if you didn't do so yet, that could also cause lags from time to time due to the scanning process.
Topic Starter
Kankei-

Doge Owner wrote:

Try a different version.

still have high ms.

Death wrote:

It looks like you have some soft of v-sync enabled to be honest. Does it sit at 17ms consistently, or does it go above that? I'm not sure if it's actually your tablet's software that is causing issues to be honest.

It also looks like you have quite a few other programs open in the background. Try closing them and playing without the game open. Make sure they are completely closed and not just minimized to your system tray, I see a few applications that like to do that (*cough* Discord *cough*).

17ms, but it can be more than 50ms sometimes.
i close a few background application(discord, logitech, Line) but still have that problem, i think i have no V-sync enabled.

Andrea wrote:

Another thing that I would like to mention is also to add osu! to the exceptions of your anti-virus if you didn't do so yet, that could also cause lags from time to time due to the scanning process.

nothing change, :(

thanks for your answer. but if anyone have another solution pls help me :(.
Andrea
Which frame limiter are you using while playing osu!?

If you're using unlimited try to switch it to 240 or 120fps, because unlimited can cause some spikes.
Topic Starter
Kankei-

Andrea wrote:

Which frame limiter are you using while playing osu!?

If you're using unlimited try to switch it to 240 or 120fps, because unlimited can cause some spikes.

i try that but not fixed at all(i think that is not a spikes), that high ms permanent and fixed after i exit and open HUION software again.
longer my pen didn't touch tablet, my osu ms higher and higher(record : 50+ms), but sometimes i turn off my pen and after long time,i turn it back, and use my pen back for osu, my ms back to normal(around 0-2ms).

video that might can help you understand my problem :
https://streamable.com/lg0cl
Death
Can you try enabling the "Support TabletPC" option in your tablet drivers just to see if that makes any sort of difference?
Topic Starter
Kankei-

Death wrote:

Can you try enabling the "Support TabletPC" option in your tablet drivers just to see if that makes any sort of difference?

first time use this tablet, that "support TabletPC" Enabled, but when i play osu that make my screen freezing(screen freezing for 1 sec or below, may be spikes), when 3 or more circle out at the same time. So i turn it off again, and that problem fixed(spikes). another good thing from activating the "Support TabletPC" on osu!, i think nothing good from activating that "Support TabletPC", so i turn it off.

NB : sorry for my bad grammar, english is not my native language. i hope you understand with what i mean.
show more