forum

Which playstyle is the "best" ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hickacou
<o/
I often hear that DKKD (or KDDK I always forget) is better than DDKK (or KKDD lmao) but I don't really understand why. I'm playing DDKK (..) and I'm fine with it (even if I'm a bit stuck at the moment), but some say that DKKD is better. I don't know if it's true and if it is, what does DKKD give me better than DKKD ?
Creyz
Almost all DDKK/KKDD players (including me) are suffering from low acc. Don't really know what causes this but it's true. Also monos above 250bpm are pretty much impossible unless you're applerss or gayz or kynan. It may be easier to learn and you improve faster with it but if I had to start from 0 again I would choose to play with KDDK
roufou
Using different hands for the keys is more stable than alternating between the same hand for monos, and it's significantly harder to do monocolor streams with ddkk. ddkk vs kddk isn't that noticable until like rank 200~ or so though.
Yona
ddkk c meilleur que tout
Topic Starter
Hickacou

Nayo wrote:

ddkk c meilleur que tout

OUI !
Yuzeyun

Nayo wrote:

ddkk c meilleur que tout

get 99% then we will talk
Edgar_Figaro
Although I would argue DDKK has some advantages. Certain patterns you’ll hear KDDK players complain about (handswitch like in Shinsekai) are far easier to play as DDKK
DarkStoorM

Creyz wrote:

Don't really know what causes this but it's true.
Your answer is "irregular time difference between keypresses", which is very hard get rid of as a DDKK/KKDD without a yery long practice. On high OD maps it will be impossible for you to get high accuracy without heavy rhythm/timing practice. This is way harder than KDDK since they can alternate every note, which helps with getting a proper timing - notice the Unstable Rate of DDKK/KKDD players vs KDDK. Most of DDKK/KKDD players get 100-130 UR, after a heavy practice and focus you go down to 80-100 or even lower, where KDDK can get below 70 (just watch some replays of SS plays on OD 8+).

Your keyboard is also very important. Most of mechanical keyboards won't let you get a stable result because of high actuation point unless you press your keys quite fast, depending on the map. Not sure about rubberdomes, so no opinion here. The hit window in Taiko is very harsh, so you just need a proper practice, some time and patience. There are also other factors that affect your gameplay, such as your pose, angle between your fingers and the keys, binding spread, your position - yeah, that really matters for a comfortable gameplay. Not sure about KDDK, though.

and on topic, there is no "best" playstyle, you choose what is more comfortable to you. I assume you come from standard, because you are DDKK and having one color per hand seemed comfortable, so I would stick to that unless you are not playing taiko for quite some time.
BrokenArrow
dkdk
BabySnakes
DDKK sure has some advantages over KDDK in some patterns but the main acc and monos problems are still there. But such problems are not impossible to overcome. There are DDKK players with great acc such a goheegy and Edgar. You can overcome the monos problem with handswitch or vibro if you so desire. It just requires a lot of hard work to overcome these weaknesses but they are not impossible. I've successfully overcome that obstacle myself, it just took a long time. As long as you have fun playing the game, the playstyle does not matter. You will improve.
show more