forum

does a good setup matters in osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Winnyace
I don't really have a good setup and I started thinking if setup actually matters. Maybe the keyboard matters or the monitor imo.

What do you guys think?
Wishes
The monitor probably matters the least, at least in osu!std. Having a good mechanical keyboard can benefit you however I feel that this only starts being relevant when playing pretty difficult maps or with DT or HR when timing is tight. Imo the most important is the aiming device you use (mouse or tablet). Precise aim is important, especially going for FC's you don't want to miss a jump you could have hit otherwise.

All in all though, the equipment only compliments you as a player, it doesn't make you good in and of itself.
Topic Starter
Winnyace

Wishes wrote:

Having a good mechanical keyboard can benefit you however I feel that this only starts being relevant when playing pretty difficult maps or with DT or HR when timing is tight.

I have membrane and holy shit I want to get rid of it. my acc is always shit even on more easier maps or maybe is just me being bad at the game.

Wishes wrote:

Imo the most important is the aiming device you use (mouse or tablet)

is a fact, not a opinion. a tablet is the best aiming device for osu! in general. with mouse is most of time misses happen everytime (at least for me).
ManuelOsuPlayer
yes
The Gambler
Only if you feel like spending quite a bit of money and time finding your setup, usually after improving everything else.

People who blame their equipment for their failures tend to pay the price of having bought everything and not improve (a.k.a. myself, considering how much mice and keyboards I have built/bought).
Topic Starter
Winnyace

The Gambler wrote:

People who blame their equipment for their failures tend to pay the price of having bought everything and not improve (a.k.a. myself, considering how much mice and keyboards I have built/bought).

don't worry I'm kinda like you
tomatas95
Ofc,but if youre like me playing osu with trash keyboard and mouse then that's good too LUL
Topic Starter
Winnyace

tomatas95 wrote:

Ofc,but if youre like me playing osu with trash keyboard and mouse then that's good too LUL

I actually do that kek
tomatas95
respecc dude.. ^^ I would buy a better equipment but just im not bothered buying it only for a 1 game,and spending hundreds dollars on them.
Topic Starter
Winnyace

tomatas95 wrote:

respecc dude.. ^^ I would buy a better equipment but just im not bothered buying it only for a 1 game,and spending hundreds dollars on them.

is equipment u can use for other games or projects ( both tablet and keyboard )
tomatas95
Tablet? For what will you EVER use it?? Tell me.
Keyboard,yeah until youre adult,after that you're going to find a job and you will spend less time near your computer grinding osu lol ^^ btw lets not forget this game is just for fun and i dont need to buy 100 dollar keyboards to enjoy this game,unless you are planning to play competetive in other case sure go ahead and buy all the required equipment :D
Topic Starter
Winnyace

tomatas95 wrote:

Tablet? For what will you EVER use it??

I can use it for drawing and shit.

tomatas95 wrote:

Keyboard,yeah until youre adult,after that you're going to find a job and you will spend less time near your computer grinding osu

2 real bro.

sadly, this would happen but until then have fun and go wild. maybe you can give to ur child when we make anime girls real for something I dunno.

tomatas95 wrote:

unless you are planning to play competetive

I kinda want to play competitive, but is just too much of a task to take and the reward is almost
insignificant. semi-competitive is the best way to play osu! imo
pronet12
Well, i'm playing osu! On my laptop, and i got to 36k with it, soo... not using a good setup could probably means that you're going to have a hard time improving, like me
sluglord
plus, you don't need to buy a whole new keyboard if you're short on cash. i did because i wanted a mechanical keyboard anyway (i use a corsair strafe with cherry mx red switches). they make this usb attachment that has two keys specifically for osu. as far as tablets, i got a pretty big huion tablet (h610pro) because i draw in my spare time too.

in the end, it all comes down to personal preference. if you don't want a tablet, a decent mouse will work fine too. for example, doomsday uses a mouse and he's one of the best osu players in the world.
mulraf
i think it depends a lot on yourself too. like i changed from rubberdome to a expensive new mechanical keyboard and it felt like literally no change. changed from cheap mouse i got for free on added to my pc to gaming mouse. not too much change except i could make it faster through dpi now. changed to 144 hz 2k monitor. literally no change. yes, in each of those cases i actually mostly got new stuff because the old stuff broke but i spent too much thinking i'd get better tbh. however, other people swear on this stuff and say they perform a lot better. now here comes the thing: i am absolutely garbage without a good, fresh mousepad. if my mousepad gets older than 6 months, which it usually does because i'm not spending 30$ every 6 months for a ftp game smh (only every 7)(yes, i need a corsair m300 for 30$ and most other mousepads suck after 1 month already), i become pretty crappy. other people however play on a sheet of paper or just their table and get into 3 digits. so what conclusion can you draw from this? each kind of equipment CAN help, no kind of equipment WILL nessercarily help.
Topic Starter
Winnyace

mulraf wrote:

i am absolutely garbage without a good, fresh mousepad. if my mousepad gets older than 6 months, which it usually does because i'm not spending 30$ every 6 months for a ftp game smh (only every 7)(yes, i need a corsair m300 for 30$ and most other mousepads suck after 1 month already),

last week, I rushed to the store to buy a mousepad and a new mouse bc the last one broke. I got one which was nearly the same amount as the pack from where I got the mouse ( I got a keyboard+mouse pack, it was cheap + I was upgrading my PC so I upgraded those things too.)
DXPOHIHIHI
What does it mean when I suddenly improve when I get new gear?

Like..

When I changed my mouse, my top play went from 90 pp to 120 pp
Topic Starter
Winnyace

szkiller wrote:

What does it mean when I suddenly improve when I get new gear?

Like..

When I changed my mouse, my top play went from 90 pp to 120 pp

idk.
show more