forum

I cant improve during a year

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
A1aska
Hello guys. I have 600 hours in this game and 60 k playcount, but last year during without improve. I read a lot of topics about getting better, but nothing helped me. I trying play different maps and mods, but I cant find myself in this game.
My friends who says me about more practice, but 600 hours isnt enought? I just trying, what I do wrong? Changing playstyle is not helping.
Sorry for bad English, but just give me some advice what I can do. I enjoing this game, but want imrove
KupcaH
-Play maps that are challenging but not way too hard for you.

-Don't retry.

-Focus on doing your best on every map.
Wishes
I am sort of in the same boat as you tbh. Pretty stagnant skill-wise for quite a while. What I find somewhat helpful is to push your limits often, and don't be afraid to play maps that are too hard. Just don't spend 100% of your time on them.
kai99
play 5.2* that will give you around 160pp.
Brainage

kai99 wrote:

He doesn't want pp, he wants to actually improve instead of farming like your typical osu! player these days.
KupcaH

Brainage wrote:

kai99 wrote:

He doesn't want pp, he wants to actually improve instead of farming like your typical osu! player these days.
Farming is a skill too.
tomatas95
Idk why farming pp is bad,its just a currency for completing the song perfectly lol
NeKroMan4ik

tomatas95 wrote:

Idk why farming pp is bad,its just a currency for completing the song perfectly lol
Pp farming doesn't improve you, you just have tons of shit plays and lots of pp, but your skill is still garbage.
PinkNightmares

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

Pp farming doesn't improve you, you just have tons of shit plays and lots of pp, but your skill is still garbage.
PP maps are great for improving your aim. You obviously need to play a variety of maps to develop a balanced skillset.
tomatas95
Depends what u call a pp farming,since if you're practising X song X times and getting pp for it it benefits you.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Push yourself is good. If farm PP make you push yourself is good.
It's better to push yourselft at other maps.
kai99
pp is an indicator of skill. so, if you wanna improve, you wanna start from where you're comfortable with, which is probably around 5.2* maps that give around 160 pp. holy shit there are so many braindead people around here
why do you think i recently started fcing 200pp maps? if you dont have the skill to even fc fucking farm maps what are you gonna FC??!?!??!!???? ofc trying hard maps will eventually make you better but thats not the case until like you're passing 6* maps
ManuelOsuPlayer
PP is indicator of nothing.
PP is indicator of how much you care about PP.
If i would care about PP i will be all day long spaming 4*-5*-6* 50seconds farm map and DT farm maps, instead of play everything.
I don't even play farm maps out of some multiplayer lobbys.
My lowest PP play is 120PP. If you think someone can't get over 120PP after almost 1.000 hours playing, you have no idea about this game.
Wake up tomorrow and spam tillerino DT maps 10 hours in a row will improve my rank tons. But my skill will be exactly the same.
So if i can up my rank without improve my actual skill, that means, PP and rank isn't an indicator of skill.
kai99

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Wake up tomorrow and spam tillerino DT maps 10 hours in a row will improve my rank tons.
will you doe? if you dont have the ability to read dt maps in the first place it wont improve your rank. (aka me)
so it is an indicator of skill.

If you think someone can't get over 120PP after almost 1.000 hours playing, you have no idea about this game.
okay, you are true to some extent because i know an individual that has great skills but couldnt seem to make it into the 4kpp zone. however, most of the times, thats not the case.
show more