forum

[invalid] Score Submission Tank Feature

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
BioZap43
Feature Name : Submission Tank
Details :
  1. So This is A Feature Where The Player can Collect Their Submission into a File and Send it to Bancho Later on.
Advantages :
  1. The User with An Unstable Internet Connection Can Collect His Submission into the file And Bancho Will Automatically Retrieve It So The Player Shouldn't be Confused that "If I Close osu! Then my Submission wouldn't be Published"
  2. If BanchoBot Got Seriously Drunk And it Will took A Lot of Work Time for Peppy to Solve the problem, So in here The Player still can Play Without Worrying That The Score That He Achieved Isn't Going to Lost after He Closed osu!
Disadvantages :
  1. BanchoBot Maybe Will Work A Bit Hard Because, He Received A Stack of Information With a Large Amount.
  2. If Players Cheated and The Submission was Added into the File, It Can Be Worse, So Add a Filter if Anyone Have The Idea :v
So That's A Feature Request from Me Hope you guys Like this Suggestion!

~Sincerely
Hickacou
It's interesting, but unfortunately I don't know how we can preclude cheaters from adding fake scores to the file :/
Let's see
d4ilyrun
Maybe the file would be corrupted if someone edit it for whatever reason and it couldn't be sent anymore ? I don't really know if it's doable tho.
Hickacou

d4ilyrun wrote:

Maybe the file would be corrupted if someone edit it for whatever reason and it couldn't be sent anymore ? I don't really know if it's doable tho.

Maybe it's possible, but I'm pretty sure that there is a way to dodge this system.. :/
Sandy Hoey
If you give people a way to cheat, people will
Dntm8kmeeatu
Something Something Needing to be online to use online features Something Something aint gonna happen
Kasumi-sama
Congratulations on wanting to give people even easier ways to cheat.
Not happening.
Topic Starter
BioZap43
Oh, Just Found A Idea To Make People Can't Cheat!
The Logic Is :
- If User Is Running (Program) That Linked / Editing osu
- Then Submission Tank = Invalid
So If The Submission Program Detects an Authorized Code / Memory Editing on osu! process then The Submission Cames Invalid, Which it will not Submitted to Bancho
abraker

BioZap43 wrote:

Oh, Just Found A Idea To Make People Can't Cheat!
The Logic Is :
- If User Is Running (Program) That Linked / Editing osu
- Then Submission Tank = Invalid
So If The Submission Program Detects an Authorized Code / Memory Editing on osu! process then The Submission Cames Invalid, Which it will not Submitted to Bancho
That's how it already works. You would get an automatic restriction if something like that is running when you are submitting a score. What your idea allows is to close osu!, open the memory program, edit the tank, and close the memory program, open osu!, and submit the fake play.
Flanster
Theres nothing really to add, people have pretty much said all thats needed. Marking as invalid.