forum

[Archived] Huion 420 Pen not working?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azyrux
Problem Details: Hey, today I finally got my Huion 420 for Osu and I installed all the drivers and whenever I try to use my pen, the tablet doesn't recognize it, the green light doesnt blink or anything? Can anyone help?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Adorn
Some tablets ( I don't know about Huion specifically ) prompt a computer restart. Did you do that by any chance?
Topic Starter
Azyrux

Flannel wrote:

Some tablets ( I don't know about Huion specifically ) prompt a computer restart. Did you do that by any chance?
Yeah I restarted twice :/
Adorn

Azyrux wrote:

Flannel wrote:

Yeah I restarted twice :/
It'd be weird for it to require this, but try restarting the service under task manager. I'm not very familiar with the Huion, but my Wacom has me do this occasionally.
Topic Starter
Azyrux
Do you know which service that would be by any chance?
Adorn

Azyrux wrote:

I don't off the top of my head, but it should have the word tablet in it.
Mine looks like this:
Topic Starter
Azyrux

Flannel wrote:

Azyrux wrote:

I don't off the top of my head, but it should have the word tablet in it.
Mine looks like this:
I dont think I see one :cry: :cry:
Adorn
Is your tablet plugged in? ;0
Topic Starter
Azyrux

Flannel wrote:

Is your tablet plugged in? ;0
Haha yes.
Adorn
From what I've seen:
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers or try V9 drivers if you're using V8 and vice versa.
Pulling it from the last post on this thread, with a slightly different problem but a pen problem nonetheless so it could be worth a shot: t/260230
I do find it extremely odd, however, that there isn't a tablet service in your task manager.
Topic Starter
Azyrux

Flannel wrote:

From what I've seen:
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers or try V9 drivers if you're using V8 and vice versa.
Pulling it from the last post on this thread, with a slightly different problem but a pen problem nonetheless so it could be worth a shot: t/260230
I do find it extremely odd, however, that there isn't a tablet service in your task manager.
Still not working, even tried on another computer.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Did you purchase this tablet from the osu! store. or Huion themselves?
Topic Starter
Azyrux

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Did you purchase this tablet from the osu! store. or Huion themselves?
Huion themselves.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Given that the osu!tablet is a two-unit solution (ie: tablet and pen), it can be difficult to tell which unit is experiencing issues when things go wrong. To find out, perform the following steps:

For the tablet unit:

Safely remove the device from your system, and unplug the cable.
Gently plug the cable into a USB slot on your system.
If the tablet is functioning, the light slot on the face of the tablet will flash green momentarily then fall dark. This is normal behaviour.
If the tablet's light does not flash, try using a different USB cable - the ones included with the tablet can sometimes be damaged during transit or after extensive use.

For the pen unit:

Unscrew the grip from the body of the pen, exposing the battery on the inside.
Remove the AAA battery from the pen.
Replace the battery with a brand new AAA battery. Verify that the battery functions in another device first.
Ensure that the battery's positive and negative ends are appropriate in the pen. There are markers on the device that display marks telling you which end goes where.
Screw the grip back onto the pen.
Depress the button on the back end (eraser end) of the pen until it clicks.
If your tablet unit is functioning properly, placing the pen near the tablet will make the cursor on your screen move. If this does not occur and you have followed the tablet verification steps listed above this section, then it is possible that your pen is broken or faulty.

This is copypasted from osu!'s help center article about figuring out if your tablet or pen is broken. Follow these steps and see if any resolve your issue.

If none of these steps help, There is a good chance your tablet is faulty, and you will need to contact Huion or whoever the vedor is you bought it from. DO NOT email osu! as this isn't the official osu! tablet.
ElitexxSniper
Also make sure there are 2 batteries in the pen because when i got it it had only one. Glad i found that out.
Death
Please don't bump threads that are this old.