forum

[resolved] osu! crashed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sunohara Kokona
Problem Details:
it just happens, never crashed or anything. I have tried everything i could, meanwhile the results are still crashing.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

The Error Itself
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at #=zgbbOgJuzo55b5yM5p3wGEg8DFsE2xSm0kya5_sUfekR3.#=zFc3ggrBvk$t2klxX1A==()
at #=zDUW3pJqRyWGgwJC$YCk9t6lKYX0wu81GMMjMihfPt0d3ZbiRyw==.#=z9PD75Iw=.#=zLBoMpeJ_oNbGJKsIvS_L6uc=(#=zgbbOgJuzo55b5yM5p3wGEg8DFsE2xSm0kya5_sUfekR3 #=zv4y924c=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.FindAll(Predicate`1 match)
at #=zDUW3pJqRyWGgwJC$YCk9t6lKYX0wu81GMMjMihfPt0d3ZbiRyw==.#=zA2O9FKWDhNxo()
at #=zDUW3pJqRyWGgwJC$YCk9t6lKYX0wu81GMMjMihfPt0d3ZbiRyw==.#=zDv0sH4I=()
at #=zDUW3pJqRyWGgwJC$YCk9t6lKYX0wu81GMMjMihfPt0d3ZbiRyw==.#=zUJu_cm0=(Boolean #=zdV9Imik=)
at #=zUWcZ1B36XRUREiiwZA==.#=zUJu_cm0=()
at #=zWyg2Abo6qpWmm6dePg==.#=zq9kcyag=()
at #=zmCn0gFwSKm95WCVm5g==.#=zjIBPAnmbreaz(String #=zWJGFNNOB4Jbn, Boolean #=z16Z9RplXIgRQ1G0LRV$Vt5I=, Boolean #=z59XHKalZ9l5plzDdmw==)

osu! version: 20180611.4 (latest)
Death

Death wrote:

Try moving the file "osu!.db" outside your osu! folder. Just a note, this will mark all of your beatmaps as unplayed.

If that does not work, here is a list of the illegal Windows file name characters:
\ / : * ? " < > |

First, make sure none of these characters are in your path to osu!

Open your Songs folder and make sure none of those characters are in any of the individual song folders, including the files inside them. Do the same thing for your Skins folder.

If you have a lot of songs and skins, check your newest files first. Specifically, any you can remember importing the last time you were able to run osu! without issues.
Topic Starter
Sunohara Kokona

Death wrote:

Death wrote:

Try moving the file "osu!.db" outside your osu! folder. Just a note, this will mark all of your beatmaps as unplayed.

If that does not work, here is a list of the illegal Windows file name characters:
\ / : * ? " < > |

First, make sure none of these characters are in your path to osu!

Open your Songs folder and make sure none of those characters are in any of the individual song folders, including the files inside them. Do the same thing for your Skins folder.

If you have a lot of songs and skins, check your newest files first. Specifically, any you can remember importing the last time you were able to run osu! without issues.

Works like normal! Thank you so much :)
FTPapaye
System.Exception: Executable filename is not correct
I have the same Screenshot of the error
Dntm8kmeeatu

FTPapaye wrote:

System.Exception: Executable filename is not correct
I have the same Screenshot of the error

But that's not the same issue; make a new post.