forum

Option to *download all* results (in osu!direct)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +334
Topic Starter
Rinkusan
Hi there,

I play Osu! on two different machines: my PC and my Laptop (one is windows, one is osx), so in the beginning I thought I wanted this:

t/283399

I see the points of the critics, if you wanted to "sync" it's really not a big hassle to just use a portable medium for transferring, or is it?
I wouldn't know where to find my beatmaps on the mac. (edit: found them, but come on, I didn't even know I can "show package content")

On this one: t/290715
I think peppys suggestion wouldn't really work for me, for the same reason that using a portable medium wouldn't.

Bear with me, in here: t/215117 people talked about the fact that we (as supporters) already have the option to
see every (ranked) map we've ever played. Both on the web and in osu!direct.

Here comes the feature request: If I ever have to wipe my drive (without backing up) for whatever reason, or want my beatmaps on the macbook, it would be great to have a "download all" button in osu!direct that downloads every "result"

Right now if I go to "Ranked (played)" it shows me 598 results, given the fact that a result isn't just the mapset but each map in it, that still leaves me to tediously download over 100 maps. I also have about 2100 maps available, so if I wanted to "sync" all this to my laptop that would take some clicking 8-)

In the end this feature wouldn't just help downloading stuff you've already played, but maybe also beatmaps by a certain Mapper or Artist (or any other keyword).

Don't hate if this has already been requested (I was quite surprised searching around and not finding anything,
I really just wanted to give out stars to someone else :D)
Flanster
Backup is always a must. Downloading all your maps back would be slow and tedious indeed but theres no way to just put a download all button and spam the server with your beatmap download requests, it doesn't work that way.

Simply make sure you backup your data on OS reinstall or every now and then to an external drive/another partition/cloud storage.

Im pretty sure it has been requested before (too lazy to search)
Topic Starter
Rinkusan
Would it not be possible to make it in a way that doesnt spam the server?

Like downloading one at a time, only requesting the next when one is done?
Flanster
You can download up to 10 beatmaps at the same time with osu!direct. Thats as fast as you can go.
Granger

LoliFlan wrote:

You can download up to 10 beatmaps at the same time with osu!direct. Thats as fast as you can go.
Correct me if i am wrong, but cant you only download 2 beatmaps at the same time? The rest waits in a queue.

I dont see anything wrong with a download all button putting all results into this queue, and of course, by extension extending the queue space so you can put more than 10 maps in there.
Topic Starter
Rinkusan
Coolio, thanks, now let's wait :P
Picaboom
Okey, so I'll bring back to life this thread. I'm a newcomer in this big community, but as I supported osu, I've been granted with the ability to download directly from inside the game every beatmaps. And I think, as the time as passed and technology has advanced, that we should very much add this "Download all" button they were talking about above.

What do you folks think? Can it be a good idea? I'm open to discussion.
Topic Starter
Rinkusan
I don't play much anymore these days, but frankly, I am amazed this still doesn't exist ^^
- Pop -
Yeah and the "delete all visible beatmaps" button still doesn't work. Right after you hit F5 refresh the deleted maps come back because they weren't actually deleted.