forum

[Archived] Osu Direct Not allowing me to download in Game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chantel_old_1
Osu Direct will not allow me to download maps in the software. What can I do about this. I am of course a supporter.
Dntm8kmeeatu
What happens? anything? can you provide some more information?
Topic Starter
Chantel_old_1

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What happens? anything? can you provide some more information?

Basically what happens is, if I search a map using osu!direct and then hit the download button I will see the download bar go from 0 to 100%. However the map will not actually be downloaded and added to my osu! Library. Same thing for when I am in multiplayer and attempt to download a host map that I dont have.
T_KaoruB
i'm have the same problem, what good does it pay supporter if I can not use it.
Topic Starter
Chantel_old_1

T_KaoruB wrote:

i'm have the same problem, what good does it pay supporter if I can not use it.

Not only that but if I do select a song I can't even get it automatically open in a web browser so that I can download it from the OSU Site. So basically if I want to download a map in multiplayer I have to try and look it up fast enough on the site and download it before the match starts
Death
Have you restarted your game since you first noticed this issue? Do you get any sort of popup on the bottom right of your screen saying the download was finished?

Try switching to the Cutting Edge release stream and downloading a few maps. If you are still experiencing the same behavior, please provide the "network.log" and "runtime.log" inside your osu!\Logs folder.

Chantel wrote:

Not only that but if I do select a song I can't even get it automatically open in a web browser so that I can download it from the OSU Site.

Turn off "Automatically start osu!direct downloads" in settings and when you click on map links, instead of automatically downloading them the osu!direct window will pop up on the side of your screen. From there you can click "View Listing" to be taken to the website.
Topic Starter
Chantel_old_1

Death wrote:

Have you restarted your game since you first noticed this issue? Do you get any sort of popup on the bottom right of your screen saying the download was finished?

Try switching to the Cutting Edge release stream and downloading a few maps. If you are still experiencing the same behavior, please provide the "network.log" and "runtime.log" inside your osu!\Logs folder.

Chantel wrote:

Not only that but if I do select a song I can't even get it automatically open in a web browser so that I can download it from the OSU Site.

Turn off "Automatically start osu!direct downloads" in settings and when you click on map links, instead of automatically downloading them the osu!direct window will pop up on the side of your screen. From there you can click "View Listing" to be taken to the website.

I have restarted. I actually just reinstalled the game. It doesn't tell me that the download is complete. It just says that it is downloading the map. I can also see the loading bar pop out from the side and fill to 100% but I am not actually getting the map. Will the cutting Edge release stream work on mac?.

Thanks for letting me know I can turn of the automatic direct download.That is a super big help. I couldn't figure out how to do it for the life of me, Thanks! I will try the cutting edge release stream if I can. I appreciate your response.
Death
What release stream are you currently on?
Topic Starter
Chantel_old_1

Death wrote:

What release stream are you currently on?

I am currently on the fallback Stable release
Death
You are probably going to be stuck on Fallback then.

The devs are aware of this issue however and working on a solution.

In the mean time, as a workaround, please check out this page. The "unofficial update" and "Alpha Release" of the client for macOS do not lock you on Fallback. Installing and using either of them should allow you to use direct again. The forum post for the unofficial update also has instructions on how to transfer your existing osu! files to the new installation of the game if you want to save your songs, skins, etc. Here is a direct link to that thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/682197
T_KaoruB
I use windows and my version in osu is fallback stable, I do not use the latest one because my pc of the mt fall of fps in her, until day 1 was normal the osu! direct that problem began in specific starting from day 2 of that month
Death
The workarounds were for Chantel who is stuck on Fallback because of the mac release they are using.

Death wrote:

The devs are aware of this issue however and working on a solution.