forum

[duplicate] Nightcore pitch change in game ?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lolsebca
It would be a nice change for the game if the nightcore mod (which was left to dust since its implementation) would get a renew, and by that I mean letting us choose the pitch of the mod. Right now through some modifications it ups the pitch of a song to 50% and adds a sound every kick. While the last feature really adds to the atmosphere of original nightcore (back from clubs and beat electronic musics), the pitch kind of reminds me of a parody of first / eldest nightcore tracks made, since the pitch was ridiculously high as it is in osu!
Now something new would be to have the possibility to leverage the pitch percentage during the gameplay with nightcore mod. It would give just so much of a breath to the game for double-time players who could get an alternative (perhaps also removing the beat since it must be horrible for 300bpm and further) for their songs.
What I thought off would be to scale either like in the offset wizard from 10% to 50%, or also checking out a scale of 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50%.
I know it had been implemented as a joke but nightcore took off in the last decade and now it manages to speed-up really well. Like in Elsword where a feature that was a joke was made into a thing that lasted, giving identity to the game, I believe it is time to revive the rave thingy !
Thanks for reading, I believe it to be easy to be implemented since there's already a thing for pitching in the game and it stays in ranked gamemode. Also it would work for all modes, from standard to taiko !
EDIT : I wanted to also say, that it would probably permit replays to be posted on networking platforms such as YouTube, or Facebook or Twitter without the song being detected and muted, perhaps on Twitch and streams also. Therefore for some streamers, putting the stream in nightcore for double-time players would help keeping a hearable stream rebroadcast. And nightcore permits to overwrite double-time scores in such a way that you can get more a better score with nightcore than double-time, thus getting a pp play counting.
[MTF] Wolfette
This is a duplicate of the last one
Death
"the last one" being referred to: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/90613