forum

[Archived] Cursor Lag while using a pen tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheIronMuncher
So i just updated my windows 10, it's called "April 2018 Update", and after that, i'm getting a cursor lag/delay whenever i use my pen tablet in osu, but when i try playing with mouse, it's just normal as it should be. So i opened up photoshop to test if the cursor lags there too or not, guess what? it doesnt lag.
The conclusion is:
Pen + Osu = Cursor Lag
Mouse + Osu = Regular
Pen + All other app = Regular

Can anybody help me with this?

Thx
Zura
I have the same problem and it sucks a lot... i cant play osu like this.
wolvahulk
all I can say is I have the same problem and I just changed RAW INPUT and MAP ABSOLUTE RAW INPUT to OFF, and it kinda helped, its quite a bit better than the lag I had before, it also just might be that im rusty. Anyway I also realized that I get this problem on diffrent updates of win 10 and osu! as in one month I just dont have it after another win 10 update or osu! update, I just so happen to have it now and I always just mess with the settings so its at least bearable.
Sorry for the shit reply, I dont have a lot of time but I hope I helped you at least a bit.
Death
If you have a Wacom tablet disable Windows Ink in your drivers.

If you have a Huion tablet, or some other tablet, disable "Support TabletPC"

Try reinstalling your drivers if you are still lagging.
Kennell

Death wrote:

If you have a Wacom tablet disable Windows Ink in your drivers.

If you have a Huion tablet, or some other tablet, disable "Support TabletPC"

Try reinstalling your drivers if you are still lagging.

I did this and osu keeps lagging once every 4-6 seconds when I use my tablet.
*genius tablet easypen i405x*
Konata-San
i disabled windows ink and it is sill laggy
hdt2410
If you use non-battery tablet(like me) and on the laptop, you should plug the charger, this drastically improve my fps and latency.
MRANT
I disabled letterboxing and everything started working perfectly
ERA WikiTay
i know i'm replying really late and necroposting, but tablets can have issues with fps drops. with peppy getting rid of letterboxing and adding new types of fps caps, i would try power saving. power saving keeps your fps capped (at least for me) at around 288fps, and if you have a good enough computer, it won't bog down the fps a whole lot. optimal puts me at 960fps, and i have frequent fps drops due to just google chrome or steam doing some stupid shit.

TL;DR: try power saving fps cap, will decrease fps drops if that is your issue

EDIT: unlimited works just fine too, just don't use optimal if you have a high-end pc with a lot of background apps
Death

WikiTay wrote:

with peppy getting rid of letterboxing and adding new types of fps caps, i would try power saving.
Letterboxing was not removed, the name of the setting was changed to "Render at native resolution."

WikiTay wrote:

EDIT: unlimited works just fine too, just don't use optimal if you have a high-end pc with a lot of background apps
This doesn't make any sense.
Maeno Hisaki
i don't know if my solution work for you all but in my case, i turn on "Render at Native Resolution" and enabled OS TabletPC Support and it's work!!
Edit : I use Huion H640P Pen Tablet