forum

[Archived] High ms in osu! [17-18ms]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cookie ai Ushio
Problem Details:
On the botttom right it says how much ms (the higher the ms the higher ur input lags are) I have.
Yesterday I still had around 3-4ms with 100-200 fps (ingame 60 fps ofc), but now I surprisingly have 17-18ms constantly ingame w/o knowing why.
The only thing I did yesterday was that I changed osu to cutting edge (to my friend osu, lol) and then back again.
Thereafter neither my ms nor my fps changed and I could play osu properly.

Now, today it's unplayable since my ms is high af and Idk what to do. I even checked my performance.log in my osu.folder but idk what this means :?
It says low frame rate after 4-10.00 seconds

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://prntscr.com/jk798c

Any1 helppp

osu! version: 20180510.3beta
Dntm8kmeeatu
17ms indicated a 60fps frame cap. Make sure you haven't enabled Vsync or anything of the sort.
modrei_DELETED
if you have integrated gpu and normal gpu then try switching between them, you can do that by right-clicking dekstop -> nvidia settings -> 3d options (or similiar, i cant check rn) there you make a new profile for osu and select your gpu of choice in the first few rows

next thing might be found in nvidia settings as well, search for vertical synchronization and disable it (vsync, gsync)

last tip i can think of rn is to limit your fps to 240 in options inside the game itself, that shouldnt be the cause tho, its most definitely related to your screen refresh rate and osu using gpu incorrectly

edit 1: disable all ingame overlays or similiar (evga precision x, discord...)
Topic Starter
Cookie ai Ushio
Problem solved:
After restarting my PC I got 3-4 ms again.
However I still have the 60fps, but I don't think high fps are essential for low ms.

Furthermore, I can't install a nvidia driver since they say that they couldn't find a compatible graphichardware.
Death
The 3-4ms is your frame time which means you are not getting 60fps. The fps display switches to hz when you start playing a song if your frame limiter is set to unlimited.