forum

QAT Leader Elections - May 2018 Results

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JBHyperion
Greetings all!

A couple of months back when Okoratu stepped down, The Quality Assurance Team tentatively agreed that, after a few months of having myself as the only QAT leader, we would evaluate how things were working out with regards to decision making, communication, etc., and make a decision on if we wanted to add another person. Since my activity is set to decline slightly with the upcoming osu!catch World Cup, it was decided to hold a new election for the position of QAT leadership, much like the initial, post-Upheaval election last year.

To this effect, we invited all members of the Beatmap Nominators and Quality Assurance Team to take part in an election survey over the past week. Now that the deadline has passed and a majority (79.51%) of the BN and QAT have voted, we present the results below.

As previously, the QAT votes were weighed more than the BN votes to accommodate for their size - 21 QATs versus 102 BNs.

With the support of 100% of the QAT and 90.28% of the BNs who filled out the election survey, Mao will take on the position of QAT Leader with immediate effect. (170.42 weighted points)

Moreover, JBHyperion will continue in the role of QAT Leader, with the support of 100% of the QAT and 88.57% of the BNs who filled out the election survey. (169.03 weighted points)

No other candidates stepped forward from the current QAT, or were sufficiently nominated as alternatives by the current BN or QAT. Therefore, together, these two will be responsible for the leadership of the Beatmap Nominators and Quality Assurance Team for an indeterminate period of time, until need of an addition or replacement (and subsequent election) arises.

Many thanks to all the contributing members for both making your preferences known, and also providing valuable feedback on areas for improvement in the near future. On behalf of the QAT and BN, Mao and myself will endeavour to continue our hard work in making the mapping and modding community a more enjoyable place for everyone!